No announcement yet.

VItali Klitschko: The Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crushedknee View Post
    Overall for heavyweight boxing we need to get range on this tall fighting thing..It's killing our class..I'm not a hater of tall fighters I just hate this particular style..
    If by 'fighting tall thing' you mean, jab-or-one-two-as-your-opponent-comes-in-and-then-hug-while-laying-your-enormous-heavy-body-over-the-back-of-your-opponent-and-then-repeat-this-boring-process-til'-your-opponent-is-tired-enough-to-fall-down-even-without-a-massive-punch-from-a-massive-fist, I agree. I can't wait for this method of fighting to be counter-gamed out of existence or at least brought under control by cowardly referees.

Vitali is far less guilty of it than his brother (which is why I like Vitali) and as much as I like and admire Emmanuel Steward, I blame him for this trend. He taught this method to Lennox Lewis to use against Tyson and then to Wlad as a way of overcoming his stamina and chin issues (which I believe are mostly stamina related).

Emannuel Steward is awesome, but he ****ed up the sport w/this **** and the refs are too f@ggy to contradict his hall-of-fame-trainin' ass.
    Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 03-30-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      Well, we are mostly in total agreement, but i really wasn't saying the dr. WAS on "the payroll". I say he was ****** and made inane excuses to get out of what he almost immediately realised was a wrong call he'd made. He said that "I told Klitschko to look up and he couldn't, so that meant his eyelid wasn't working"....(paraphrasing)

I've often pointed out that he was standing riight in front of klitscko, and all Klitschko could see of the dr. was his belt right in front of his eyes, ALSO, with the huge noise in 3-4 languages going on, as well as the crowd roaring, I'd bet that Klitschko didn't evven HEAR the dr. NOT TO MENTION, that his English was almost non-existent at that time. If you recall, as soon as he realised what had happened, and WHY....he jumped up and wildly kept shouting "I CAN SEE, ICAN SEE WERY VELL......."

Remember that Jimmy?? and also do you remember that BOTH his eyes were WIDE OPEN glaring at everyone .

There was obviously NOTHING wrong with his eyelid. His eybrow was under control, not very swollen, not bleeding, The doctor just made a mistake.

The only point I dispute with you is where you say that Klitschko was "half-blind"..

I say, and KLITSCKO said, that he was no such thing. And he wasn't.
      Well..half blind is just an expression but with that being said his visual acuity was not 100%..he could still see but was impaired a bit. He got caught with alot of punches he didn't see clearly towards the end of the fight. I'm Not SURE what the actual reason was by the dr. for recommending the stoppage..i thought it was simply by looking at the severity & that it wasn't being contained. I did hear about what you stated & vision test the dr. gave him but not sure about that.

I would think that Vitali would not of understood with all that commotion as it did take him a few seconds longer than everyone else to realize the fight was stopped. I do think by stopping the fight..they let Lennox off the hook & that they were equally finished & exhausted... to award Lennox the automatic victory when he was just as or even more finished.. had a broken nose & was being pummeled for the majority of the fight was a travesty. If they already let him fight for a couple rds like that,,they should've saw that fight to the end. If KLITSCHKO was in danger in the 7th rd..then have the referree stop it with a legitimate stoppage or have the drs intervene during the rd if he wasn't protecting himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
        Wait... but what are you trying to refute? Are you questioning whether those earlier knockout victims landed or threw more punches before they got KTFO?

I watched some of those earlier fights & they didn't throw more than Vitali. The fight with Williamson was an 8 rd fight..Vitali kayoed him in the 6th.. You honestly think this dude wasn't a punching bag before Vitali was through with him. I see no evidence at all of anyone throwing & landing more than him. His fighting style more than supports this. The only time that could possibly have happened was if Vitali Knocked his opponents out with the first punch he threw after 2 flailing attempts by them..you know.. kind of like what happened with Solis.......if we just counted the last sequence..then yes Solis threw more than Vitali & I'D have to retract one item from the list & Vk did land & throw more than Solis in rd despite the punch stats not being released.. Hope that answers your inquiry & as a sidenote.. get rid of that video which SHOWS nothing of the aftermath of all the damage that was incurred by Vitali's semi-temple shot... THANKS!
        So like i said you are guessing that he threw and landed more, so they are not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

Vitali was gifted with one of the weakest HW divisions in history.

Not only that, but when LL was going on a tear, the K-sisters were hiding out in germany and getting stopped by guys like Byrd and Sanders.
          Ok...you were funny with the Gif.. so i'll give you a pass with your actual texts... but don't let it happen again..son.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
            So like i said you are guessing that he threw and landed more, so they are not facts.
            I'm not guessing. i'm estimating for a few fights that it's a100% statistical probability based on his history.,,told you i saw alot of the earlier fights. Funny how you chose that bout as the one that he might've landed less....perhaps because it was a no-namer & he lasted more than the other early cans. This fight is a 100% statistical probability because it lasted 6 rds that Vitali wore his ass out. It's the one or 2 rd Herbie Hide fights where there's a chance to outland him as the fights are short & there's a feeling out process. There's obviously proof of 75 - 80% of his fights as there's video footage of them.... the handful of fights where there's no footage available.... the results are so dominant & one sided that one would have to assume they couldn't do any better than a larry donald or a Hoffman. If Klitschko knocks you out easily,,,you're not landing or throwing more than him.. How about you prove me wrong instead of me trying to prove me right.. all the circumstantial evidence lays with me even though i don't have video of the actual alleged crime..... kapish.

Comment

I'm not guessing. i'm estimating for a few fights that it's a100% statistical probability based on his history.,,told you i saw alot of the earlier fights. Funny how you chose that bout as the one that he might've landed less....perhaps because it was a no-namer & he lasted more than the other early cans. This fight is a 100% statistical probability because it lasted 6 rds that Vitali wore his ass out. It's the one or 2 rd Herbie Hide fights where there's a chance to outland him as the fights are short & there's a feeling out process. There's obviously proof of 75 - 80% of his fights as there's video footage of them.... the handful of fights where there's no footage available.... the results are so dominant & one sided that one would have to assume they couldn't do any better than a larry donald or a Hoffman. If Klitschko knocks you out easily,,,you're not landing or throwing more than him.. How about you prove me wrong instead of me trying to prove me right.. all the circumstantial evidence lays with me even though i don't have video of the actual alleged crime..... kapish.
              However you want to put it, it's still not a fact that he threw or landed more than everyone he has ever faced unless you got all the stats.

Comment

However you want to put it, it's still not a fact that he threw or landed more than everyone he has ever faced unless you got all the stats.
                I could try to google most of those fights as i probably haven't seen 7 or 8 of his earlier fights..surely there must be some tidbits as to how those fights fared besides the Ko result. The chances of him in those fights being outlanded & outthrown is so minute especially when those were his most dominating Ko early on. Just out of curiousity..do you find any other alleged non factual occurences on my list?

Comment

I could try to google most of those fights as i probably haven't seen 7 or 8 of his earlier fights..surely there must be some tidbits as to how those fights fared besides the Ko result. The chances of him in those fights being outlanded & outthrown is so minute especially when those were his most dominating Ko early on. Just out of curiousity..do you find any other alleged non factual occurences on my list?
                  2. Needed the least amount of rds (57) to win a heavyweight belt (WBO)

Roy Jones took 12 rounds.

Comment

2. Needed the least amount of rds (57) to win a heavyweight belt (WBO)

Roy Jones took 12 rounds.
                    OK...now that was funny... let's assume this was Roy Jones first foray into the ring...this is similar to the Haye HAD the better Ko ratio than Vitali in heavyweight history>>>> classic... how about doing it while knocking out his opponent in less than 5 minutes time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

Vitali was gifted with one of the weakest HW divisions in history.

Not only that, but when LL was going on a tear, the K-sisters were hiding out in germany and getting stopped by guys like Byrd and Sanders.
                      Byrd gets nothing from me, he didn't do anything but Sanders won fair and square on his own merit no one can deny that.

Comment

Working...
                      X