Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson camp has declined to face Adrian Diaconu on 5/21 HBO Pascal-Hopkins II card.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    lol @ the belief that Dawson ducked Diaconu years ago. When it was Diaconu who actually pulled out of the fight. And, Dawson that to fight Mendoza as a replacement....

Jesus F'ing Christ, you know for some of you racist/nationalistic Europeans and Canadians. It is possible that there are some Europeans/Canadians who have ducked black/American fighters.

Correct he did have to pull out the first time they fought. If my memory serves, Dawson pulled out the second time they tried to make the fight. Then he surrendered his WBC felt when they ordered him to fight Diaconu for a third try at making the fight. This led to Dianconu being given the belt and it being taken from him from Pascal. This takes us to the present.

Comment

weird, hope it's not true, maybe too much risk involved?

Comment

Being a fighter myself i feel Dawson, he was on top of the division now they want him to fight on the undercard of guys, he feels hes ahead of is an insult,, give a man some time to think about it and some will say ok lets do it in Dawson's case and others **** it im out ill get my shot eventually!!

Comment

Originally posted by actionjackson View Post
          Correct he did have to pull out the first time they fought. If my memory serves, Dawson pulled out the second time they tried to make the fight. Then he surrendered his WBC felt when they ordered him to fight Diaconu for a third try at making the fight. This led to Dianconu being given the belt and it being taken from him from Pascal. This takes us to the present.
          Dawson, never pulled out of a sign fight. The only one who pulled out of the signed fight was Diaconu.

Dawson also didn't surrender the WBC belt because he was order to fight Diaconu. He gave up the belt to fight a better opponent.

How can it be duck when you fight a better opponent instead?

Could Dawson be ducking Diaconu now? Sure...However, before we call it a duck or "*****ing out" we must see wait until we get more information. We still don't know what's going on. However, Dawson had never ducked Diaconu before this, EVER.

Comment

If he get assurance that he would be fighting the winner of the main event then he shouldnt have any reason not to fight diaconu.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
              Are you serious?

Diaconu is the one that pulled out of the first fight cuz of some injury or some bull****, what crack u smokin homie?

And we don't even know the reason behind all this.
              Mikhnienko is biased towards Euros and likes to trash American fighters any chance he gets. That or he is just a troll.

Comment

Shame that this fight is off.

Comment

Ok, that's pretty damn lame. This fight was a huge reason why I wanted to watch this card. I actually wanted Dawson to rematch Pascal over Hopkins. Weak.

WTF Dawson. Keep sitting on your ass and do nothing. Tell us how it works out.

Comment

Dawson should be the last person being picky for a fight. He's not that popular. This fight on this card will do more for this career then any other fight he's ever had to the casuals.

If it was me I'm just trying to look impressive for a fight on this card. I think he could have dominated in this fight. Maybe he wants somebody softer?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                      Was told that Chad Dawson camp has declined to face Adrian Diaconu on 5/21 HBO Pascal-Hopkins II card. No idea what happens now. #boxing
                      why don't you post the link to your source ?

I haven't seen anything about it on ESPN.com

Comment

Working...
                      X