Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez To Lose $70,000 For Failing To Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    Why try if he cant make it.He had several of weeks to make it.This is
    canelos first time coming in overweight,Hopefully its the last.
    No need for him to hurt himself making weight.

hahahaha, I assume your joking. Absolutely no need for him to hurt himself I agree.....I just hope that the much smaller Hatton doesn't get seriously hurt because he is at an even bigger weight disadvantage now.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      no ur wrong...If canelo knocks out hatton..He wont be called a badazz,I
      expect him to get hate saying he was overweight and he knocked out a
      bum.I hope this was a learning experince for canelo,No more catchweights
      and it seems 154 is his future.
      just like how Gamboa knocked Mtagwa and was way overweight over Mtagua and amost everybody talked about how much better Gamboa is than Juanma because of that fight? C'mon man, GBP and everyone else will ride on Canelo knocking out HATTON(they won't even say Mathew on that statement and it will sound good) and is now the WBC champ...

Comment

Originally posted by el rey View Post
        I'm disappointed in Canelo, I aint gonna lie. Im still rooting for him and still got faith that hes gonna light up boxing, but hes off to a bad start. chavez is a failure and joke, but saul is trying legitamize being it. the catchweight and title shot is dumb as hell, i like how all the pac fans are all calling the catchweight bs even when it was the same thing with pac-margarito, but i didnt think saul would sink that low. i hope saul gets his sh**t together and make sure he stops with the catchweights if he should win the title, he better know that the sharks are waiting for whomever wins tomorrow and if he doesnt fight the right names at 154 lbs, im done being an aficionado of his, just keepin it real...still WAR CANELO!!!
        My thoughts as well.

Comment

Now I really want to see this fight. It will be interesting if the weight will be a factor if he wins.

Comment

Open question to all posters..... If Canelo would not be promoted by GBP or not Mexican, Would this be for the light mid WBC title Against an unranked welterweigth?

Boxing is losing fans as fast as HBO, promoters and sanctioning bodies are manufactoring paper champions!!!!!
            Last edited by Nesty; 03-04-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Canelo appears to be taking hints from the Arreola and Mayweather playbooks.
              The kid gets a shot at stardom and can't drop a pound.
              This is simply another youngster unprepared for the spotlight.
              Hatton has the confidence to make this interesting.
              It's worth a look.

Comment

Alvarez wants the 154 lb belt. he could care less about the 150lb weight when the title came up. Winning the belt is worth ten times more than the fines. Advantage Alvarez. Hatton got fooled and suckered on this one. Brits lose again this time to mexico Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  that is the weak sauce. Alvarez should just start fighting at 154. Catch weights are fine when appropriate - like when a guy is moving up two, or three weight classes. but to create your own weight class is ridiculous.
                  Create a weight class? 148-154 is a weight class!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post
                    Open question to all posters..... If Canelo would not be promoted by GBP or not Mexican, Would this be for the light mid WBC title Against an unranked welterweigth?

Boxing is losing fans as fast as HBO, promoters and sanctioning bodies are manufactoring paper champions!!!!!

Promoters pulling strings for their fighters? No way!!!!! Never happened in boxing ever in it's 100+ year history!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post

No, he would still be a contender

Comment

Working...
                      X