Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez To Lose $70,000 For Failing To Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mannypr201 I'm a Rican too but you don't disrespect people's moms, don't be a f/ucking a$$hole, same goes to you pistol whip....I hate these f/uckers "keyboard warriors" that hide behind a computer monitor to talk ****!!!
    ---
    On the fight: 1.5 lbs shouldn't be such a big deal like many of you're trying to make it, but it sucks cause 1 of the 2 put the time and effort to do it and the other didn't. It's obvious to me the he never intended to do it.. cause was pointed out by Ricky few days back and having 2:30hrs to cut the weight comes 30 mins later w/ the intent to pay the penalty...didn't even try!!! What's its curious to me is that Canelo fights at 147 and makes weight, now has 3 lbs to play and comes overweight?...something doesn't add!!! At the end of the day, this fight is a joke, none of these 2 fighters have ever fought at this weight nor are or were champions coming up in weight to deserve fighting for the title. WBC obviously has an agenda w/ Canelo!!!
    ---
    On the cheating subject: It doesn't matter if who cheats is Puertorican, Mexican, Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Black, White or European, if gets caught he shouldn't be allowed in a ring ever again!!! Unfortunately, for us Ricans, Resto is an awful representation, but he DID get the proper punishment and never was allowed to box again + have 0 support from boricuas, the same can't be said with Margacheato, even giving him better of the doubt for Cotto's fight, he DID GET CAUGHT w/ cast w/ the intent to use it against Mosley!!! after that this guy even try to cheat Pacquiao minutes b4 the fight, after Manny gave him like 20 lbs of advantage!!! and ater all that still have the support of Mexicans!!! Resto's and Cheato's acts are both crimes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Kinda reminds me of the pac margs fight and the mayweather JMM fight all are side shows and shams
      You are 100% correct.

Catch-weight's were originally conceived to enable a bout to take place between two (usually) name opponents who would normally never fight because of weight disparity. In other words..... $$$$$

They were known as..... an " exhibition match ".

So the term " side-show "..... is technically correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffus74 View Post
        mannypr201 I'm a Rican too but you don't disrespect people's moms, don't be a f/ucking a$$hole, same goes to you pistol whip....I hate these f/uckers "keyboard warriors" that hide behind a computer monitor to talk ****!!!
        ---
        On the fight: 1.5 lbs shouldn't be such a big deal like many of you're trying to make it, but it sucks cause 1 of the 2 put the time and effort to do it and the other didn't. It's obvious to me the he never intended to do it.. cause was pointed out by Ricky few days back and having 2:30hrs to cut the weight comes 30 mins later w/ the intent to pay the penalty...didn't even try!!! What's its curious to me is that Canelo fights at 147 and makes weight, now has 3 lbs to play and comes overweight?...something doesn't add!!! At the end of the day, this fight is a joke, none of these 2 fighters have ever fought at this weight nor are or were champions coming up in weight to deserve fighting for the title. WBC obviously has an agenda w/ Canelo!!!
        ---
        On the cheating subject: It doesn't matter if who cheats is Puertorican, Mexican, Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Black, White or European, if gets caught he shouldn't be allowed in a ring ever again!!! Unfortunately, for us Ricans, Resto is an awful representation, but he DID get the proper punishment and never was allowed to box again + have 0 support from boricuas, the same can't be said with Margacheato, even giving him better of the doubt for Cotto's fight, he DID GET CAUGHT w/ cast w/ the intent to use it against Mosley!!! after that this guy even try to cheat Pacquiao minutes b4 the fight, after Manny gave him like 20 lbs of advantage!!! and ater all that still have the support of Mexicans!!! Resto's and Cheato's acts are both crimes!!!

Right of the back my mother was mentioned first i dont come on here talking about anyones mother - secondly im not a trouble maker or a tough guy but im far from a key board warrior ive actually been boxing since a young kid ok so rican or not check who and why you reply to someone get your facts straight

Comment

Originally posted by el rey View Post
          I'm disappointed in Canelo, I aint gonna lie. Im still rooting for him and still got faith that hes gonna light up boxing, but hes off to a bad start. chavez is a failure and joke, but saul is trying legitamize being it. the catchweight and title shot is dumb as hell, i like how all the pac fans are all calling the catchweight bs even when it was the same thing with pac-margarito, but i didnt think saul would sink that low. i hope saul gets his sh**t together and make sure he stops with the catchweights if he should win the title, he better know that the sharks are waiting for whomever wins tomorrow and if he doesnt fight the right names at 154 lbs, im done being an aficionado of his, just keepin it real...still WAR CANELO!!!
          Great post.

WARRR Canelo !!

And the very best of luck to Matt Hatton as well, may the best man win.

Comment

I never had anything against the kid, just thought he got a title shot way too early and he didn't deserve it. Now he's proving he doesn't deserve it with him not being able to even respect his sport......not a good look

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post
              Open question to all posters..... If Canelo would not be promoted by GBP or not Mexican, Would this be for the light mid WBC title Against an unranked welterweigth?

Boxing is losing fans as fast as HBO, promoters and sanctioning bodies are manufactoring paper champions!!!!!
              The WBC title was an after-thought for this fight, Sulaiman is the culprit

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                uh,maybe if people like you knew how to spell correctly others would know how to read...here,let me show you something simple...for example at the end you write,"and if your gonna reply...." that your is not the correct one,you are supposed to use you're because you mean to say you are....ok? so next time don't find fault in people that don't know how to read when you yourself need to learn how to spell correctly
                Well hell look who it is lopez what happened your **** buddy caballero was exposed as a looser and a hyped up chump so you gonna rag on my spelling....
                Well let me correct my mistake
                You're a *****
                You're a looser
                You're a pu55y

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                  Canelo appears to be taking hints from the Arreola and Mayweather playbooks.
                  The kid gets a shot at stardom and can't drop a pound.
                  This is simply another youngster unprepared for the spotlight.
                  Hatton has the confidence to make this interesting.
                  It's worth a look.
                  I just got a mental picture of Saul sitting on the sofa, stuffing his face while working out on his playstation I don't think that's the issue with him, but I definitely agree that he is not ready for title fights.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    Create a weight class? 148-154 is a weight class!!!!
                    No.

Each " weight class ", has a divisional limit.

The divisional limit for Junior Middleweight is 154.

150 is not a " weight class ", or a " divisional limit ".....

..... 150 is a catch-weight, end of story.

Lets keep it real huh ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanFighter View Post
                      Floyd weighed in @ 146 on a 144-lb contracted fight. Then he refused to be weighed (must have ballooned to 160) during fight night. Then everyone gave him credit for the win. lol
                      No, on all three points......

Mayweather has NEVER failed to make the contracted weight for a fight, and he was NOT fined by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

And, absolutely NOBODY gave him any credit for that win.

Mayweather re-negotiated the contract two weeks prior to that fight in order to bypass the commission and save himself $400k in penalties. My boy JMM made an extra 100k over the 500k that would have been afforded him by the NSAC.

That was still a b1tch-move, but catch-weight fights are a side-show anyways, so what can you really expect?

Your sentiment is 100% correct, just short on the actuals

Comment

Working...
                      X