Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, why isn't there more hype around Andre Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
    he's >>> ward and is probably the best pure boxer currently active...

If he does retire I think we, as boxing fans will regret it. It's sad 2 bums like Morales and Maidana and steroid monkeys like Pacquaio garner more attention than the Dirrels of the world.
    Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    On his day hes one of the best talents in the sport. He just doesnt have the mental strength of a Ward or even Bradley. Dawson is the same.
    Nobody will miss Dirrell judging from this point back. He's got time to gain the public's respect tho. And theres noway he's better than Ward. Like Digg said his mental is lacking and thats 80% of the battle when you talk about being considered great. To me he just doesnt have that killer inside like Ward or Froch. His handlers need to remind him that he's not in the Olympics or Golden Gloves. Its not a touch point system. Its like he doesnt realize that professional boxer's job is to knock his head off.

Comment

lol at heart. I think it's becoming the only way for boxing fans to express their racism these days...

look at the list of fighers commonly diagnosed with "lack of heart" syndrome

Floyd Mayweather
      Andre Dirrell
      Andre Berto
      Andre Ward ("scared" to leave Oakland)
      Devon Alexander
      Mike Jones (after first soto-karass fight)

what do they all have in common?
      I dont think he lacks heart because he doesnt mind gettin in there. He just doesnt use his superior skills to punish his opponents. He's got pro skills with an amateur mentality.

Comment

lol at heart. I think it's becoming the only way for boxing fans to express their racism these days...

Floyd Mayweather
        Andre Dirrell
        Andre Berto
        Devon Alexander

that they become so cautious that they turn boxing fans away from the sport by not engaging or just turn down fights all together?

We need more Bradley's in the sport.

Comment

The ****er ruined the Super Six

Comment

Floyd Mayweather
            Andre Dirrell
            Andre Berto
            Devon Alexander

They all lack heart?

Comment

1. He's an excellent boxer. A true virtuoso in the same vein as ATG's Floyd Mayweather, Muhammad Ali and RJJ. All artists in the ring. Best footwork in boxing right now, has power and his technique is beautiful.

2. He's a pretty *****...i want to look him real soulfully in the eyes while kissing his lips and skeetin on his abs. i'd even wipe it off afterwards (no maricon):

3. He's got a really good resume...everybody knows he beat Froch.

I can't understand why people are actually trying to push him away from boxing. He's great for the sport.
              **** dirrel. That biitch has "neurological problems"

Comment

i've said before that he's got some of the fastest hands in boxing

but he's a brutal career ending knockout waiting to happen

he's not a 12, 3 minute round boxer. not yet anyway.
                froch had the formula but wasn't close to fast enough or making the investments he needed for a late round stoppage.

somebody with skill and power who is willing to be patient and apply pressure will knock him out late

Comment

Well, he could've received some hype had he beat Andre Ward. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    They all lack heart?
                    Watch Mayweather vs Chavez, Castillo, and Mosley and tell me he doesn't have heart. LMAO!

Comment

Dirrels skills X Frochs mentality would be a winning formula. Without the mindset you are just a pony and will never win at the big races....that you can be sure of

Comment

Working...
                      X