Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Jones Decision Soto Karass For a Second Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jones is a good boxer, but nothing special. he can win a belt, but he is not elite.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
      Jones suck and will never amount to crap once he faces an elite he is done
      You think he "suck"? What did he do to deserve this? He took a very tough rematch when he didn't have to. I didn't know too much about him before the 1st fight but just taking the rematch showed guts & he looked excellent in this bout.

So, why the hatred?

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Did anyone actually believe that Jones was going to KO Karass???
        goosen was going to stop the fight. all jones needed to do was put together more combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          Not a good day for us mexicans lol
          You guys don't need to worry about that.

You can afford to have the odd low, when you have so many highs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            goosen was going to stop the fight. all jones needed to do was put together more combinations.
            Easier said than done. I didn't feel that Karass was in trouble until the later rounds. Goosen wanted to stop the fight to get the 4 round technical decision due to the (unintentional) headbutt. Thats just games he (and most decent managers) play.

He won the fight for Corrales against Castillo with the mouth guard trick - although Diego did play his part too.....

Anyway, I am very impressed with Jones. His team should put in a big effort to get Zaveck over to the US.

Comment

There were so many headbutts in this fight that dude (Soto-Karass) even took a headbutt to the nuts. Damn, I've never seen anything like that before (in boxing). It reminded me of a Ram, or a Bull going for the family jewels. I've just never seen a man do that to another man before in a fight.

Good win for Mike Jones though. He looked pretty good, especially against a guy like Karass with no quit in him.
              Last edited by Lorily; 02-20-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Jones looked good, not special though Karass showed plenty of heart and had his moments in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  like he did in the first fight n gassed out lol. notlikely, jones was always gunna be patient n outbox him for 12 rounds. there was a point in the 9/10 round where jones had kaass in some trouble, but jones decided to do the right thing.

Comment

seems to me like Jones wanted to show off some boxing skills this fight and I thought he did a great job doing so, anybody that knows boxing knows the guy has POWER, he doesn't have to PROVE THAT EVERY FIGHT

he seen how tough Soto Karass was the 1st Fight so he decided to come and just Out-Box him this fight and I love the way he managed his Stamina and still had great footwork in the 12 Round

Jones deserved FULL CREDIT! seems like some of you just don't want to give him any credit yeah yeah Soto Karass is a Warrior but we knew that after the first fight, we I didn't like was the fact that Him and His Camp was all on YOUTUBE leading up to this fight TALKING TRASH ABOUT MIKE JONES on that Elie guy channel on youtube, Soto Karass called Jones "CHICKEN" and all that which wasn't really necessary because Mike Jones doesn't talk trash at all...but Jones did his talking in the RING that is for sure

lets not start with the Headbutt ****, Mike wins that fight REGARDLESS, he is just the better fighter, the guy doesn't have a History of Headbutts and in this fight it was Soto Karass charging in

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                      like he did in the first fight n gassed out lol. notlikely, jones was always gunna be patient n outbox him for 12 rounds. there was a point in the 9/10 round where jones had kaass in some trouble, but jones decided to do the right thing.
                      he didn't need to throw a 20 punch combo... he just needed to throw 1-3 punch combos, then reset... rinse and repeat. IMHO he was hitting karass at will in round 8 or 9 I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X