No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Trying To Fix Damage From Ring Punishment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Yea its sad, Esepcially with his fight in australia where it appears he got hit at the back of his head, RJJ need to hang them up..

On another note your sig of Mosley is disturbing, Why does his head look like it was inserted on that body in this picture.
    Speaking of Shane, someone needs to stop him too. He's starting to look a little damaged himself.

Comment

Originally posted by teamdaigurren View Post
      roid jones jr ****** after 2003 when the balco lab shut down.
      yes balco shut down straight after the ruiz win and you know what happened next.
      Matrix Reloaded also came out in 2003. That may also have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by willieb24 View Post
        The problem with Roy is, he never really had or have good boxing skills, he always relied on quick hands and feet, which can only get you thru the game for so long then its lights out once ur reflexes fade!
        Roy's confidence was shattered when Tarver stopped him, I think it all stems down to that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Speaking of Shane, someone needs to stop him too. He's starting to look a little damaged himself.
          Oh man, that's an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
            Matrix Reloaded also came out in 2003. That may also have something to do with it.

Reloaded wasn't that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
              "The doctor's method of healing brain damage....."

Um, ok?
              Yeah I picked up on that as well. I think that Doctor is a bit of a charlatan
              Chiropractic is a health care discipline and profession that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine, under the hypothesis that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system.[1] It is generally categorized as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic#Controversy
              Simkovich said his technique involving cranial brain movement dates back to research done in 1986.
              http://www.wtae.com/health/26819931/detail.html
              Last edited by Toney616; 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Since Jones apparently has suffered for a number of years, it just goes to show how careless the doctors and commisions really are when they allow bouts to go on.

Tragedies are bound to occur given this. In fact I can easily recall how Johnny Jensen was allowed to fight for the EBU title even though he had a braindamage and today he suffers badly because of it.

Some doctors and commisions should look closely in the mirror.
                I see what your saying but I never recall Jones ever saying he suffered from something like this until reading it today? I know he mentioned something about having gained and dropping alot of weight effected him slowing him down but on numerous occassions after the knock outs he's come back to say he's the same roy jones as before he's back blah blah.

Comment

First off Roy was never involved with Balco. He used Ripped fuel, and it happened once.....dont be ******....if you dont do research....dont comment on it. Roy had no boxing skills, please. The man had been fighting since he was 9 years old......thats ridiculous. He knows the sport like no one else. If you say Roy had no skills, then I dont know what your watching or where you learned anything about boxing. But, this is crazy......hopefully all is well with him and he stays retired......he doesnt need to do any more.

Comment

What makes financially secured fighters continue for years after discovering braindamage?

Ridiculous.

That being said one can only hope that the damage can be cured, but I have the feeling that it's just a way for a schrewd businessman to relieve Jones and others for some cash.
                    The issue may be that he just wasn't financially secure at all and had to fight for money, long after he was a viable force in the sport.

Comment

Since Jones apparently has suffered for a number of years, it just goes to show how careless the doctors and commisions really are when they allow bouts to go on.

Tragedies are bound to occur given this. In fact I can easily recall how Johnny Jensen was allowed to fight for the EBU title even though he had a braindamage and today he suffers badly because of it.

Some doctors and commisions should look closely in the mirror.
                      Why the doctors fault?

RJJ is suffering since 2004 an fights until 2010, and never tells the doctors?

This is soley on his shoulders

Comment

Working...
                      X