No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Trying To Fix Damage From Ring Punishment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    What makes financially secured fighters continue for years after discovering braindamage?

Ridiculous.

That being said one can only hope that the damage can be cured, but I have the feeling that it's just a way for a schrewd businessman to relieve Jones and others for some cash.
    Its does sound a bit out there, like magic water, healing crystals and all of that kind of nonsense

Comment

i mean, RJJ must have made some money throughout his career, no?

Comment

and he was wanting to fight Haye. Hope hes done.

Comment

now with that being said and out in the press you can bet your a*s that if he tries to secure another fight in the states the doctors are going to seriously think about whether or not to give him a license. I mean hell imagine if Bernard Hopkins or Holyfield said something like that at their age the doctors are just looking for reasons to say no more for them.

Comment

RJJ just stepped in the right direction!

Comment

i hate reading stuff like this

Comment

"The doctor's method of healing brain damage....."

Um, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
                  now with that being said and out in the press you can bet your a*s that if he tries to secure another fight in the states the doctors are going to seriously think about whether or not to give him a license. I mean hell imagine if Bernard Hopkins or Holyfield said something like that at their age the doctors are just looking for reasons to say no more for them.
                  Since Jones apparently has suffered for a number of years, it just goes to show how careless the doctors and commisions really are when they allow bouts to go on.

Tragedies are bound to occur given this. In fact I can easily recall how Johnny Jensen was allowed to fight for the EBU title even though he had a braindamage and today he suffers badly because of it.

Some doctors and commisions should look closely in the mirror.

Comment

He's lost the plot, and this could be having effect already.

Explains the ****** Pirate outfits he wears on occasion and the will to carry on fighting.

Comment

sometime you can love something toooo much......

Comment

Working...
                      X