Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 fighters that would that would beat a Prime Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think very highly of Harry Greb his resume and accomplishment is amazing. How many HOF'ers did he beat? 12? 13? And, beat them multiple times I mean that is just crazy. From MW to HW and was ducked IMO by Jack Dempsey. True there is no footage but when I rank ATG's I go with resume and accomplishments. And, Greb could arguably be P4P the GOAT. Yes arguably ahead of SRR. There could be an argument made in his favor.

I know there is no fight footage of him. But, there is footage of the guys he beat. And, to be able to beat Loughran, Tunney, Walker, Rosenbloom and the Gibbons brothers, you know he had to be a good fighter. And, to do it mostly with just one eye you know he had to be a special fighter. And, at the time a lot of white fighters would not cross the color lines. But, Greb had no problem with facing the best black fighters available like Norfolk, Flowers, etc etc...Dude fought everybody and anybody in his day. So you have to admire that about him too.

Now saying all that you can't say he can beat Roy. He's greater than Roy and is not even debatable IMO. But, there is no footage to really gauge how he would do in a H2H match-up. Apparently he had a swarming style a little bit like Duran type of style. But, that is not enough to know what exactly he did good, or judge his strength, his flaws. But, there is no way to judge him how well he would do in fantasy fights. Because, there is no way of knowing since there is no fight footage of him.

So I can't say Greb could beat Roy Jones or not.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
      Hmmmm all white fighters again. Suprised no one has picked up on this you racist ****.
      Think everyone just ignores him now after his first few posts.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Think everyone just ignores him now after his first few posts.
        Is that racist fool, I don't know if you remember...That dude Morales/Tyson...Is just a troll that will be banned again.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          I wouldnt pick anyone on that list to actually BEAT Roy. Not one of those guys.
          You wouldn't pick Sugar Ray Robinson to destroy Roy Jones at MW? Hahahaha stop posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
            Classic post.

Greb was a joke.

Tunney was a joke.

Dempsey was a joke.

Fitzsimmons was a joke.

Jeffries was a joke.

All of them.
            Yet they all accomplished more in life than you have.

BTW, Hagler destroys Jones at 168 as well. Jones is vastly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Is that racist fool, I don't know if you remember...That dude Morales/Tyson...Is just a troll that will be banned again.
              You think there is any possibility that is "G-Dogs"?

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson
                Ezzard Charles
                Archie Moore
                Marvin Hagler
                Gerald McClellan

I see all of them having a chance at a prime Jones, although not so high but they can still beat him. Robinson obviously has the highest chance at destroying Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by VAW-JR View Post
                  You think there is any possibility that is "G-Dogs"?
                  Mabye....But, I'm not sure...I remember G-Dogs trollin but never really seemed to have a racist agenda...Not that I can remember but I can be wrong.

However, this guy all his post has a racist agenda. And, that is how this poster by the name of Morales/Tyson use to post.

But, maybe who knows...Can't keep up with all these trolls/alts.

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                    You wouldn't pick Sugar Ray Robinson to destroy Roy Jones at MW? Hahahaha stop posting.
                    Robinson wasnt undefeatable at MW.
                    its not out of the question whatsoever.

I cant think of any fighter that would beat prime Roy at 168lbs. but I can think of a few that wouldve(or couldve) beaten him at 160 and 175.

Comment

i hate it when people put athletes on a pedelstal and say they were unbeatable. RJ was an amazing physical athlete, but he had tons of flaws that were later exploited when he lost his physical edge(namely speed and reflexes). He hardly jabbed, kept his very low, backed straight up but none of that matter cuz most guys couldnt touch him.

However styles makes fights and I believe RJ would have beaten Toney and Nard 9 times out of 10 in his prime, but would have lost to someone like Tarver or Foster 9 times out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X