Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oj simpson View Post

that guy is gonna beat roy jones?

get ****ing real you old geezer.

I cant ****ing stand all these oldschool boxing vanguards making the jack dempseys, gene tunneys, & harry ****ing grebs some unbeatable boxing gods.

Golden Age of boxing (50s & down) = biggest ****ing fraud age of boxing.

Crooked ass mobs fixing fights, black fighters getting robbed on a regular, not getting title shots, refs deciding who wins fights, the list goes on....

There's a reason why as time went on & civil rights came along, the number of great white american athletes started dwindling....

IN EVERY SPORT.

There's a reason why all these oldschool boxing vanguards try so desperately hard to demean any recent fighters of recent times when comparing them to old ass fighters of yesteryear:

TO PRESERVE THEIR HISTORY.

Harry Greb?

yea, that babe ruth was the greatest baseball player of all time.

get the mother****kk outta here with that fantasy ****.
    Classic post.

Greb was a joke.

Tunney was a joke.

Dempsey was a joke.

Fitzsimmons was a joke.

Jeffries was a joke.

All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
      Ohh yeah....
      When did you realize that he was "really dumb" as a fighter? Or, what fights can I go watch again to show me that he was "really dumb"?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by VAW-JR View Post
        When did you realize that he was "really dumb" as a fighter? Or, what fights can I go watch again to show me that he was "really dumb"?

Thanks.
        Roy Jones jr was overrated. He spent his career beating up tomato cans.

watch this fight, especially round 2 to see how much RJJ relies on his reflexes, speed and power. Roy was missing punches and even this bum was able to counter him few times. Jones landed very quick left hook and kayoed him, but Roy didn't show any smartness.

Comment

So, out of one fight (that you posted) where he "missed some punches" (who doesn't??) and he relies too much on his speed, flexes, and power, shows that he is "really dumb"? Is that really your reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Hagler was much more than a come forward aggressor, that's nuts. At 168, I think Roy might be a lil too much but the 160 version would get smacked around by Hagler. Hagler was a technician in the ring and was a beautiful boxer. Wonderful head movement, great footwork, a steady jab, picked his shots intelligently and was ambidextrous. He was just as astute in the ring as Roy and would given the young man nightmares. At 160, I'd pick the Marvelous one via comfortable decision.
            Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
            Im Dazed.........Hagler was awesome, I loved watching his fights as a kid, but all were recorded because he was a bit before I really could appreciate the science. What you said about Hagler is right, and I think he might have been the only fighter Ive seen to switch so often and be effective doing so 90% of the time. He did great things in the ring. I just dont see him defeating a prime Roy. We can agree to disagree.....I just think Roy was too much at 160, or 168. Its not like Hagler would be facing Sugar Ray's speed coming off a layoff and up in weight....Roy was strong as hell at 160, along with the fastest hands Ive ever seen, There would be nothing comfortable about it. I was trying to be concise saying he was a come forward aggressor, which he did and I feel he would have done against Roy, thats what I meant, no intent on discrediting Hagler's skills by any means.
            I agree that Roy at 168 beats Hagler. To me Roy at 168 was the closest thing to unbeatable as you can possibly.

But, 160 Roy was green, he wasn't really fully developed as a fighter yet and could very well lose to Hagler. Like Dazed mention Hagler was pretty versatile and could fight well from the orthodox and southpaw stance. Is not fair to look at the Leonard fight because Hagler was downside of his career at that time period. A prime Hagler can beat a green Roy at 160. At 168? I don't think so...The only at 168 that can beat Roy is Ezzard Charles IMO.
            Last edited by jrosales13; 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

call me crazy but I actually think Hopkins can give him hell. People still sleep on that 1st fight. Hopkins came way way way closer to him then anyone since then until he got beat. Thats why I still wouldve given anything to see that rematch after Hopkins beat Tito.

If we could fast forward to the future and see how good Hopkins looked at 175 against Tarver then you could tell he wouldve had no problem at all at that time in moving up to 168. Shoot, he may have even looked better & more healthier there then at MW.

That fight at 168 with him moving up & RJ coming down wouldve been classic. People forget how much of a beast Hopkins was at that time. RJ may have won but it wouldnt have been easily and again wouldve have been his hardest fight ever

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                call me crazy but I actually think Hopkins can give him hell. People still sleep on that 1st fight. Hopkins came way way way closer to him then anyone since then until he got beat. Thats why I still wouldve given anything to see that rematch after Hopkins beat Tito.

If we could fast forward to the future and see how good Hopkins looked at 175 against Tarver then you could tell he wouldve had no problem at all at that time in moving up to 168. Shoot, he may have even looked better & more healthier there then at MW.

That fight at 168 with him moving up & RJ coming down wouldve been classic. People forget how much of a beast Hopkins was at that time. RJ may have won but it wouldnt have been easily and again wouldve have been his hardest fight ever
                Yeah, but Jones got way better from that Hopkins fight as well. Like, way better. The 1997-2000 version of Jones would've beaten any version of Hopkins. Don't forget, even a shot Roy was competitive with Hopkins last April. It's just styles.

Comment

Need to change that to could. And throw in Michael Moorer, Bob Foster, Billy Conn and maybe Hagler or Michael Nunn at MW. Actually a lot more guys at MW, back when Roy was still green.
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 02-10-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Instinto........Swiping the jab and coming overtop with a left hook isn't ring savvy? or smartness as you put it? Switching stances to make an unwilling opponent confused and getting them to open up isn't ring intelligence. Its hard to connect on a guy who doesnt wanna get hit.....so Roy set him up, furthermore......is Ring intelligence. Using feints, these are all things we learn in the gym, and Roy made em work in his own unorthodox fashion. You dont notice these types of things if you have no idea what your looking for. So, appreciate the effort though....

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
                      Classic post.

Greb was a joke.

Tunney was a joke.

Dempsey was a joke.

Fitzsimmons was a joke.

Jeffries was a joke.

All of them.
                      Hmmmm all white fighters again. Suprised no one has picked up on this you racist ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X