Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    What part didn't you understand? Oh I forgot, its hard for the special kids to understand anything
    SAY WHAT IT IS YOU FEEL. prove a point. don't troll around & then try to back out of your half comments.....because if you were saying what i thought u were saying you might as well be MENTALLY ******ED.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
      SAY WHAT IT IS YOU FEEL. prove a point. don't troll around & then try to back out of your half comments.....because if you were saying what i thought u were saying you might as well be MENTALLY ******ED.
      What do you think I'm saying because its pretty damn simple.

Comment

What do you think I'm saying because its pretty damn simple.
        lol @ this ****** being scared of owning up to his own IDIOT claims.....

go ahead. OWN up to them because if it's what i think it is I WILL HAVE A PARTY on your expense looooooool this is what happens when you peek your snout in things that wasn't directed to u.....

Comment

sugar lost to duran but it was more then close enough to warrant a rematch (thats why the rematch happened because the 1st fight was close) in the immediate rematch duran is outboxed frustrated & quits. thats the end of that.

also the move up from 135 is NOT impressive to me. nut huggers of duran put WAY too much into it without actually doing their research. the fact of the matter is duran fought about 7 times at welterweight before challenging sugar. he even fought at 150....duran was more of a 140 pounder then 135. he was draining himself to make 135....duran was never really this weight. if you are going by the duran @ 135 he wouldn't be a solid ATG ether. the opponents were no where near as good to warrant him a half way respected place in the ATG rankings. so duran being a natural 140 pounder would pretty much make him & sugar the SAME weight because sugar moved from 140 (and physically couldn't make 150 before he moved to 147) but duran could make 150 before he moved to 147 & EASILY did. thats because duran was never really a 135 fighter to begin with.

its just another ret@rded excuse.

i will be glad to light this entire thread up with truth.....

i didn't give duran 1 round against Benitez. over the course of 15 rounds he lost all of them (and i do NOT care who duran beat that ko'd benitez because triangle theories are for the ******. if he didn't beat benitez its useless) if you are ranking only durans 135 reign he wouldn't be a solid ATG at all. thats why you have to look at 147 150 because thats when he fought the MUCH MUCH better fighters.....the weight excuse is old tired & boring....he simply fought better fighters then what he had fought at 135....

to me this forum ALONE (not the rest of the world or other sites) over rate duran. but realty is realty.....
          One idiot thinks its always been day before weigh-ins ^^^
          Can you make sense of it now?

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            too close to call...just like the dudes in your avi....who's the better PG between those 2?
            Yes sir, I agree with you %100 my dude. I love both Westbrook and Rose. Russell graduated from my high school Leuzinger High in Lawndale, CA. and he went to UCLA and I'm a big Bruin fan, so I have a lot of love for Russ, but D Rose is simply a beast. Rose is the leagues best PG imo.

Comment

My break down of ur list. Just my opinion. (I voted Leonard)

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by British Pride View Post
              Durans resume
              Hiroshi Kobayashi - 2x Undisputed Lightweight Champion
              Was once good, but not by the time Duran fought him. Was stopped in his previous fight.

Ernesto Marcel - Beaten by Duran at 130. Would go on to win the featherweight title and Beat Alexis Arguello
              Good win.

Ken Buchanan - HOF'er

God win.

Jimmy Robertson - Very credible fighter. Gave Sugar Ramos hell
              Duran beat him while he was on a terrible losing streak at the end of his career.

Guts Ishimatsu - Excellant Champion
              I disagree. He had 10 losses in 25 fights when Duran beat him. He had already been stopped 3 times.
              Esteban De Jesus x2 - Great great champion who took Durans "0" and beat a host of other top fighters
              Good win.

Hector Matta - Well respected and beat champions
              7 losses in 23 fights when Duran beat him. Had been stopped twice before.

Masataka Takayama - Well respected contender
              5 losses in 21 fights. Was stopped 3 times previously.

Ray Lampkin - Famous for spending a week in hospital after facing Duran, he twice gave De Jesus problems
              Decent, but was never world champion.

Edwin Viruet x2 - Would have been a champion in the 4 title divisions of today. Gave Duran and De Jesus good fights and also fought Rosario
              No decent wins on his record, and had no punch. He was destroyed by Rosario.
              Saoul Mamby - Former Champion who had a granite jaw
              8 losses and 5 draws with only 18 wins when Duran fought him. No.

Carlos Palomino - Great Champion
              Decent win for Duran, but Palomino was coming off a loss to Benitez.

Ray Leonard - ATG
              ATG win.

Luigi Minchillo - Another who would have been a champion today. Fought nearly everyone
              Good win.

Pipino Cuevas - Great long time champion with a dynamite right hand
              Was coming off a loss and a 2 year lay off.

Davey Moore - 154 title holder
              12-0. lol
              Iran Barkley - 3 weight title holder
              Good win. Maybe great win for a former LW.

Leonard doesnt touch this, its not close. They're not even in the same ball park. I'm a SRL fan just for the record.
              Im a huge Duran fan, but i disagree. Leonard has great wins over ATG's that Duran simply doesnt.

Leonard beat Duran, Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, all when they were at or close to their best (Hagler was ring worn, but still consistantly victorious).

Hearns may have struggled with the weight, and Duran agreed to the rematch too soon, but i didnt see it effect their performance, plus they are ATG's.
              Leonard came off a 5 year lay off to beat Hagler. That in itself eclipses anything Duran did IMO.

Also, take into account their respective losses and Leonard trumps Duran.

Comment

Can you make sense of it now?
                u have no argument & refuse to speak what is you feel or meant because you know i will make a fool out of you.....

you're wasting my time at this point.....

Comment

u have no argument & refuse to speak what is you feel or meant because you know i will make a fool out of you.....

you're wasting my time at this point.....
                  So the special kid gives up...its okay, I'm sure you gave your best effort

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
                    Yes sir, I agree with you %100 my dude. I love both Westbrook and Rose. Russell graduated from my high school Leuzinger High in Lawndale, CA. and he went to UCLA and I'm a big Bruin fan, so I have a lot of love for Russ, but D Rose is simply a beast. Rose is the leagues best PG imo.
                    You went to Leuzinger? I went to Leuzinger...And, we around the same age. So we had to be there at the same time. What's your name? Do you know Dorrell Wright? He plays for the Warriors that was my homeboy too I was one year ahead of him. He went to Leuzinger as well.

I'm friends with Russell Westbrook and his family as well. We grew up together lived in the same apartment complex on Lemoli in Hawthorne. I just talk to his younger bro Raynard and his pops "big" Russ.

Really what is your name...I might know you.
                    Last edited by jrosales13; 02-08-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

To me is Duran, dominated a division. Pretty much cleaned out and he outlasted the whole fab 4.

Even in the mid 90's he was beating good fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X