Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win is more impressive, Mayweather vs Corrales or Pacquiao vs Barrera 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No disrespect to the late Chico Corrales, but this isn't even close at all.

HBO was hyping him off of his destruction on Angel Manfredy. I mean that win was decent but Manfredy was never good. Other than that his only other great win was over Garcia but IMO Garcia was winning that fight until he started to fight ******.

With Barrera, dude was on one of the greatest runs I have ever seen (And this is coming from a guy who hates Barrera's guts). He beat a monster in Erik Morales, knocked off unbeated Hamed, beat top contender Enrique Sanchez, HOFer Johnny Tapia and a very solid fighter in Kevin Kelley.

Barrera was a living legend, secured his ATG status as well as his HOF status, all before getting in the ring with Pacquiao. Not only was Pacquiao's win better, it's also one of the biggest upsets as I actually thought Barrera would dominate Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      No disrespect to the late Chico Corrales, but this isn't even close at all.

HBO was hyping him off of his destruction on Angel Manfredy. I mean that win was decent but Manfredy was never good. Other than that his only other great win was over Garcia but IMO Garcia was winning that fight until he started to fight ******.

With Barrera, dude was on one of the greatest runs I have ever seen (And this is coming from a guy who hates Barrera's guts). He beat a monster in Erik Morales, knocked off unbeated Hamed, beat top contender Enrique Sanchez, HOFer Johnny Tapia and a very solid fighter in Kevin Kelley.

Barrera was a living legend, secured his ATG status as well as his HOF status, all before getting in the ring with Pacquiao. Not only was Pacquiao's win better, it's also one of the biggest upsets as I actually thought Barrera would dominate Manny.

he even beat up one of my early favorites in Jesus Salud during that run

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        what was Chico's best win prior to the FLoyd fight?

Justin Juuko?

Corrales was overrated on a pfp level at the time, in a big way.

Floyd smoked him though, it a pretty amazing performance but looking spectacular against a lesser fighter doesn't beat looking excellent against a significantly more skilled and better fighter in all aspects.
        Most of these dudes probable weren't even following boxing around that time.

Again no disrespect to Corrales but HBO kept replaying his TKO victory over Manfredy in an attempt to make Chico look like a monster.

Again Manfredy, even though I liked the kid, was never good, which is why he didn't win a title until he beat a green (and not very good) Julio Diaz.

BTW I'm not here to **** on any fighter, rather speak the truth as I saw things during that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
          Most of these dudes probable weren't even following boxing around that time.

Again no disrespect to Corrales but HBO kept replaying his TKO victory over Manfredy in an attempt to make Chico look like a monster.

Again Manfredy, even though I liked the kid, was never good, which is why he didn't win a title until he beat a green (and not very good) Julio Diaz.

BTW I'm not here to **** on any fighter, rather speak the truth as I saw things during that time.
          i may be wrong, but I think garcia was the only beltholder or former beltholder corrales beat at the time unless juuko had one

Comment

• R.I.P Chico but.. many didnt even know who Manny was.. let alone thought he would be competitive against MAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Win or performance. Floyd's performance was more impressive, and also the win was more impressive. Barrera had already lost twice to Junior Jones and had already been beaten by Morales. We've already seen Barrera been beaten not once, not twice, but 3 times by the time Pacquiao beat him.

We've never seen Corrales, beaten, knocked down, or knocked out. Floyd beat him, knocked him down 5 times, and stopped him.
              kevin, seriously, what does undefeated mean? corrales hadn't fought anyone close to the level of a morales or junior jones. especially because barrera had adjusted his style (he was pretty much an educated brawler when he fought junior the first couple times) to being a true versatile ring mechanic and had recent wins over hamed and morales, which were FAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR superior to anything corrales had accomplished.

corrales had been down by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabroni View Post
                Both were amazing wins. Floyd was a pound-for-pound fighter destroying another pound-for-pound fighter in Corrales.

Manny was known as a good fighter that broke into Marco's house through the front door.

this shows a lot.

floyd's win was probably less impressive because he was already a pfp player and we ALL know now that corrales was overrated to be on pfp lists. he was basically a flash in the pan pfp wise (similar to zab judah)

barrera was a longtime pfp staple and an atg.

Comment

• Beating Barrera hands down. Barrera just toppled Hamed, Corrales was exciting but limited, perfect for Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by titanium View Post
                    Beating Barrera hands down. Barrera just toppled Hamed, Corrales was exciting but limited, perfect for Mayweather.
                    lol just?

try 2 and a half years prior

I think Barrera was the more impressive performance too but let's not stoop to exageration to make the point

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      this shows a lot.

floyd's win was probably less impressive because he was already a pfp player and we ALL know now that corrales was overrated to be on pfp lists. he was basically a flash in the pan pfp wise (similar to zab judah)

barrera was a longtime pfp staple and an atg.
                      how was diego overrated?because he lost to floyd?diego is so overrated that he only lost to 4 fighters and 2 of those fighters bein bigger than diego where as barrera lost to 5 different fighters and had a draw with juarez that was later fixed givin barrera the win because 1 of the judges scored it wrong and 1of those losses was to amir who is much bigger than barrera so looking at both fighters resume i don't know why is barrera so great and diego so overrated

Comment

Working...
                      X