• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    you gotta separate tyson's career into 3 parts:

part 1: tyson with cus

part 2: tyson pre-jail

part 3: tyson post-jail

you can't just judge tyson without acknowledging the death of cus and the affect jail had on tyson.
    I acknowledge all that, but whose fault is that?

Tyson's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post

Tyson's.
      exactly.

When tyson faced great close to their prime opposition, he lost.

every time.

Not even counting michael spinks who faked getting knocked out cold big time. Greatest big time fraudulent ko since ali liston 2.

Comment

OK.

You must be joking. Judah wasn't any more shot when he fought either. If anything he was more motivated for the Clottey fight because it was his last shot at redemption.
        No, Baldomir beat Judah pre Cotto beating, Clottey beat Judah post Cotto beating. Judah was faded by the time Clottey got to him. Clottey beat Judah 2 years after Baldomir beat him. And, where did I mention Judah was shot? I said a better version which is true. But, the time Judah got to Clottey he was faded. The only guys I said were shot was Corrales and Gatti not Judah.

Floyd/Baldomir was a joke fight and everyone knows it. Baldomir is a journeyman and nothing more who was lucky enough to step into the right with an overrated underachiever in Judah.
        That same Baldomir holds a win over Clottey. Also, that same baldomir holds a win over Judah which is Clottey best win in his WW resume. But, Baldomir beat a better version of Judah.

How is Floyd ahead of Clottey? Cuz' he beat a 38 year old Mosley? I thought you had something against shot fighters, but it doesn't apply to Floyd?
        I didn't count Mosley, I mentioned decade. So I only counted from 2000-2009. Floyd fought Mosley in 2010. However, Floyd has a win over Judah. Which is still the best win of Clottey resume at WW. And, has a win over Baldomir who beat Clottey and Floyd win over JMM is better than Clottey win over Corrales. So I don't see how you could have Clottey over Floyd TBH.

Clottey fought Tony, Cotto, Pac and Judah.
        Lost, lost, lost, and win.

Fraud fought Judah (after a loss)
        Still a better version of Judah than what Clottey fought.

and Mosley.
        Not counting Mosley, you can count him if you want.

Clottey also wanted Mosley and Cintron but couldnt' get the fights. Fraud wanted no part of any of those guys.
        Does Clottey have wins over these guys? If not then don't mention them cuz' they don't count for resume and accomplishment. He doesn't get extra credit for some fantasize crap.

Clottey is the better WW. According to resume which you seem to value so highly.
        I hold resume and accomplishments highly when doing an all time list. And, according to resume and accomplishment no Clottey is not the better WW.

I would rank both ahead of Mayweather because I doubt Mayweather would beat, or much less fight a prime Forrest, Spinks or Mayorga.
        You can rank Forrest, Spinks, and Mayorg ahead of Floyd at WW. I won't argue with that. All 3 have the better singular win than Floyd. Really I would rank both Forrest and Mayorga ahead of Floyd. Spinks is debatable but I won't argue if you have Spinks ahead of Floyd. i could see that and might agree with that.

Frauds best win is against a shot fighter, lets not forget that.
        Last edited by jrosales13; 02-06-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          That Mike avoided Lewis to fight Holyfield.
          The motherfuker paid Lewis not to fight him. One of the most blatant ducks in boxing history. Get to fuk.

Comment

The way I see it, if Buster Douglass could k.o Tyson, imagine what a prime Larry Holmes would've done to him?

Prime Holmes did everything Douglass did by 100 times over.
            Yeah, but did you really know Mike Tyson? Were you watching him back in the 80's all the way up to the Douglas fight? If you were, you would know Tyson wasn't at his best that night. No need to explain it, either you know or you don't.
            Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 02-06-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

larry holmes.

Comment

u can argue michael spinks was but i think holmes was his best win

Comment

tyson vs berbick was a great fight tyson knocked him the **** out tyson killed everyone when he was in his prime my favorite fighter ever

Comment

Tyson's.
                    Exactly, but you are comparing the Douglas fight when Tyson was not in his prime, to how he would have done against a prime Holmes. You sound like a hater to me.

Comment

tyson vs holmes was a brutal KO

Comment

Working...
                      X