No announcement yet.

Whats Mike Tyson's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
    Ruiz was a spoiler who could make anyone look bad. He's the kind of guy that could squeak into any top 10 list because he purposely makes ugly fights.
    Yes like he did with Tua and Jones.

And, he could have been a top 10 HW in the 80's at some point but he would not have been a top 3-5 HW for the whole decade.

A real case could be made for Clottey being a top 5 WW in this last decade too, but his style played right into pac's hands.
    No, no their can't. Not at all. not even close.
    Last edited by jrosales13; 02-06-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Yes like he did with Tua and Jones.

And, he could have been a top 10 HW in the 80's at some point but he would not have been a top 3-5 HW for the whole decade.

A real case could be made for Clottey being a top 5 WW in this last decade too, but his style played right into pac's hands.
      No, no their can't. Not at all. not even close.[/QUOTE]

There's always exceptions.

Pac lost to Morales, JMM and a couple of Asian guys when he was young too.

But as for Clottey, I don't know what list you got but you have to include him in the discussion.

Clottey, Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, Judah, Pacquiao, Williams, Cintron, Forrest, Mayorga, Spinks.

Those are the top WW's of the decade, how would you rank them?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        I don't know how any of the bull**** your claiming has anything to do with Calzaghe being greater than Tyson.
        What did I say that was bull*****?

Comment

While it can argued the level of comp that Tyson faced, the mere fact that he completely took them out and always came for the KO, will alwyas make him more remebered than the Klits, eventhough ther resumes may be the same...

Comment

There's always exceptions.

Pac lost to Morales, JMM and a couple of Asian guys when he was young too.

But as for Clottey, I don't know what list you got but you have to include him in the discussion.

Clottey, Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, Judah, Pacquiao, Williams, Cintron, Forrest, Mayorga, Spinks.

Those are the top WW's of the decade, how would you rank them?
            But, Ruiz wasn't young when he fought a former MW in Roy Jones. Are you comparing that to how Pac looked like against the likes of Morales and JMM? Pac was by far more competitive than Ruiz was. But, that is neither here nor there.

I would put Baldomir over Clottey TBH. I mean both have wins over Judah. But, Baldomir beat a better version. Both have wins over shot fighters who moved in weight in Gatti and Corrales. But, were shutout by ATG fighters in Floyd and Pac. But, Baldo holds the win in a H2H match up that gives him the edge over Clottey.

Add Mosley, Margarito, and Cotto are in the top 3 for the decade and ahead of Clottey. Also Floyd is ahead of Clottey as a WW. That is 5 names that are ahead of Clottey. Pacquiao, Cory Spinks and Paul Williams are also ahead of Clottey.

And, I would also rank Mayorga and Forrest just because they have the better singular win.

Clottey should be ranked around with Judah. Both just outside the top 10 but ahead of Cintron.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I would put Baldomir over Clottey TBH. I mean both have wins over Judah. But, Baldomir beat a better version. Both have wins over shot fighters who moved in weight in Gatti and Corrales. But, were shutout by ATG fighters in Floyd and Pac. But, Baldo holds the win in a H2H match up that gives him the edge over Clottey.
              You must be joking. Judah wasn't any more shot when he fought either. If anything he was more motivated for the Clottey fight because it was his last shot at redemption.

Floyd/Baldomir was a joke fight and everyone knows it. Baldomir is a journeyman and nothing more who was lucky enough to step into the right with an overrated underachiever in Judah.

Add Mosley, Margarito, and Cotto are in the top 3 for the decade and ahead of Clottey. Also Floyd is ahead of Clottey as a WW. That is 5 names that are ahead of Clottey. Pacquiao, Cory Spinks and Paul Williams are also ahead of Clottey.

How is Floyd ahead of Clottey? Cuz' he beat a 38 year old Mosley? I thought you had something against shot fighters, but it doesn't apply to Floyd?

Clottey fought Tony, Cotto, Pac and Judah.

Fraud fought Judah (after a loss) and Mosley.

Clottey also wanted Mosley and Cintron but couldnt' get the fights. Fraud wanted no part of any of those guys.

Clottey is the better WW. According to resume which you seem to value so highly.

And, I would also rank Mayorga and Forrest just because they have the better singular win.

Clottey should be ranked around with Judah. Both just outside the top 10 but ahead of Cintron.
              I would rank both ahead of Mayweather because I doubt Mayweather would beat, or much less fight a prime Forrest, Spinks or Mayorga.

Frauds best win is against a shot fighter, lets not forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                What did I say that was bull*****?
                Avoiding the subject I see, because you can't make a decent case for Calzaghe being greater than Tyson.
                Last edited by RubenSonny; 02-06-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Avoiding the subject I see, because you can't make a decent case for Calzaghe being greater than Tyson.
                  I didnt even say that. Insecurities a biitch.

You're avoiding the subject. What did I say that was bs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I didnt even say that. Insecurities a biitch.

You're avoiding the subject. What did I say that was bs?
                    That Mike avoided Lewis to fight Holyfield.

Comment

Mike Tyson's resume kinda reminds me of the same reason people like to **** on Calzaghe. Meaning all the big names on his ledger are of old fighters on their way out.

I would argue Holmes is his best win but it was a Holmes close to 40.

Yet Mike Tyson always gets ranked so highly in Hw lists when he really fought a lot of bums in his prime along with old guys and a former light hw (spinks).

After losing to Douglass he went on to lose most of his "big" fights so aren't we being too kind to Tyson because of some sort of misplaced nostalgia about American hw boxing?
                      you gotta separate tyson's career into 3 parts:

part 1: tyson with cus

part 2: tyson pre-jail

part 3: tyson post-jail

you can't just judge tyson without acknowledging the death of cus and the affect jail had on tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X