I have been a fan of Khan since 2004, but he's starting to piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
    seriously...?

i kno u maybe a fan but r u actually gonna tell me that this is good fight?

mcloskey has limited power and itsnt particularly good at anything... plus his resume is almost as bad as salitas... 90% tin cans with a couple of C- fighters in there for good measure...

physically he's shorter, older, and much slower... he offers almost zero danger for amir

if he was a draw then i could understand... but he's not even that

explain to me how u can defend this fight as a BOXING fan, not as an AMIR fan ??
    I will ask again, if Khan goes as plan and fights Bradley in July. who else is there to fight for April?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      and khan hasn't been fighting the best?

maidana , kotelnik , malignaggi?

you know they're working on bradley-khan next right?

you know this is just a tuneup right?
      Come on man. I cant believe you had the guts to mention that group. Maidana was almost unavoidable. That manditory label is the only reason the fight happened. Malignaggi was hand picked for his debut. There were atleast 4 to 5 guys better than him. I mean was he a real threat? Kotelnik is a journeyman in the making but decent. Decent doesnt cut it when you are a champion and people are jumping at the chance to fight you.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        he's a fringe top 10 contender , he's 22-0 , he's the european champ at 140 , he's the next highest ranked british fighter at 140.....

not a bad tuneup at all.

these guys are just whiners.
        thats what I meant, his record is pretty lookin, he has somekind of title and is a British fighter in that division and UK doesnt have good fighter at that division aside Khan right now.:boobies:

its all, good Khan should clean out his competition in his home country for the British casual fans.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Come on man. I cant believe you had the guts to mention that group. Maidana was almost unavoidable. That manditory label is the only reason the fight happened. Malignaggi was hand picked for his debut. There were atleast 4 to 5 guys better than him. I mean was he a real threat? Kotelnik is a journeyman in the making but decent. Decent doesnt cut it when you are a champion and people are jumping at the chance to fight you.
          I asked you this once before and I will ask you once again.

What game are you a student of?

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
            Ive no problem with this fight in the UK and the chosen opponent to earn some money.

But stop hyping him up. HAHAH
            Yeah, that's my thing too. I understand how we arrived at this fight, and for once it's not Khan's fault! But don't try to make McCloskey out to be some force in the division when he has done nothing and faced no one. I watched Colin Lynes leave the guy wobbled and woozy, **** outta here.
            Last edited by IIG; 02-06-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

He's fine for a tune-up. That's all he is though. People need to stop acting like Khan is a bitch for taking this fight and people need to stop acting like this will be a great win for Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
                oh yes ive only been watching boxing for 5 minutes... so im still so green as to think that once you become a celebrated world champ as fans we should expect them to take on dangerous and meaningful fights....

im sure back in the day people never used to avenge losses or take immediate rematches over dubious decisions - not for money but for legacy.

but this how boxing is now huh? fighters take **** fights and as fans we say its ok... im sure this is why boxing is headed towards a bright future
                get this through your head.... TUNEUP.

understand?

it's a keep busy fight. the plan is bradley-khan next.

if you don't like it then don't watch it.

you know who fights only big fights every time? fighters who fight once every year. when a fighter fights 2-3 times a year , they can't all be against the best.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  I will ask again, if Khan goes as plan and fights Bradley in July. who else is there to fight for April?
                  bro lets discuss the 2 fights you suggested...

witter - defo not particualrly dangerous (now) but it has meaning here in britain as witter has both a name and experience at world level... the ingle boys come from a good pedigree... he has a style which is awkward enuff to allow us to see more from amir in terms of punch selection and ring generalship... interesting and defo a draw altho except he aint very dangerous...

matthyse - altho limited in terms of skills and speed, he can bang like maidana and fought an intelligent fight against a slippery zab judah - his plan to go for th body exclusively in the early - mid rounds almost paid off towards the end... his recent descrution of chop chop was impressive when u consider that maidana struggled against demarcus.

these are what i call tune ups.... fights that amir should win but are interesting enuff to give the fans something...

mcclosekey is a bum fight... just look at his resume - its totally empty... he's never been in with world level

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I asked you this once before and I will ask you once again.

What game are you a student of?
                    It would be better if you didnt ask me anything. You never say anything with substance to me. Do you you mind just ignoring me kiddo. Preciate you.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      so fighting maidana doesn't count now because it was unavoidable?

lmfao

kotelnik is just a journeyman who is decent?

ask the current #3 at 140 how decent he is. ask the #4 at 140 too.

yeah a top 5 fighter and champion is just decent. you know kotelnik was a champion and at the top of 140 when khan fought him right?

fucking stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                      X