No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    How did you score it? You're unbiased Floyd fan. I had it 116-112 and was on the fence about the 11th, because of low activity from both, but I gave it to Mayweather.
    Here's how I saw it.

118-110 if you favored what Floyd did throughout.
    117-111 if you were pretty even on what you thought both did.
    116-112 if you favored what Cotto was doing.

Anything closer or wider is pretty absurd no doubt.

I had it 118-110 Floyd, could easily see 117-111, with 116-112 at the very very closest. Cotto won rounds 6 and 8 watching it live, could have won one of the other close couple rounds. But even in rounds with slower action, which was the case in those couple close rounds, it favors Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      check hook scored it 118-110? Priceless
      Skip Bayless will explain his reasoning tomorrow morning on First Take.

I personally can't wait to hear this.

Comment

• LMAO @ Check_Hooks... I had Mayweather up by 2 rds first time I watched it but rewatched and scored it 9-3 to Mayweather or maybe even 8-4.

Comment

• I watched the fight again today and I stand by my score

Floyd was throwing punches like alil girl when Pac was changing the shot in midflight and did WAY more damage to Cotto

Comment

• How anyone could have the fight scored a draw or for Cotto is beyond me, but I had it 116-112 for Mayweather. Great fight, but Cotto faded badly in the 11th and 12th.

Comment

• Thanks for the Comments guys , i put on the blog that 3-4 rounds were rounds that could have went either way...i think anything from 115-113 to 117-111 is fine.

115-113 , 116-112 , 117-111 was the most common score

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                I watched the fight again today and I stand by my score

Floyd was throwing punches like alil girl when Pac was changing the shot in midflight and did WAY more damage to Cotto
                The only way to explain your Green K is all the bulls**t accounts you make, and you probably give yourself karma points, because you are delusional.

Comment

• Jesus Christ. The fact this site was the only one who had some people saying Cotto beat Mayweather wants me to leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Here's how I saw it.

118-110 if you favored what Floyd did throughout.
                    117-111 if you were pretty even on what you thought both did.
                    116-112 if you favored what Cotto was doing.

Anything closer or wider is pretty absurd no doubt.

I had it 118-110 Floyd, could easily see 117-111, with 116-112 at the very very closest. Cotto won rounds 6 and 8 watching it live, could have won one of the other close couple rounds. But even in rounds with slower action, which was the case in those couple close rounds, it favors Floyd.
                    Floyd would land flush and everybody in the arena would see it. That's why he won almost every close round on my card. Cotto would get his shots blocked and rolled alot, but I still think he landed more than Compubox gave him credit for in a few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
                      he fought **** fighters at 54 with the exeption of floyd....and thats your problem you think with your eyes not with your brain...
                      You have to actually watch a fighter to form an opinion (not just looking at boxrec). The opponents don't have to be world class to see that his conditioning has improved but he did show it against one of the best boxers ever last night. EVERY fight he had at WW he gassed in the late rounds. Go watch the fights before you start spouting off with your ill informed opinion. It's also common knowledge that weight draining weakens fighters and not having to drain 7lbs (9lbs for Pacquiao) would only benefit him.

Comment

Working...
                      X