Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wanted six more big fights over the next two years a few weeks ago. Now he says he is 80% sure this was his last fight, so yes, Floyd feels his age.

Comment

• Floyd stood straight up.

Cotto hunched over.

That might be why.

Cotto looks a lot thicker and built when he stood up straight compared to Floyd.

Comment

• floyd looked like a middleweight??really???and cotto manhandled that boy in the 2nd round.picked him up like he was his prom date

Comment

• Originally posted by Elie View Post
          Is it just me or did Floyd look good fighting up against the ropes? He was blocking and dodging Cotto's shots. I thought floyd would try not to fight up against the ropes.
          Yeah, he did. But only when Cotto threw body hooks. When Cotto aimed upstairs with straight crisp jabs/right hands, he landed on Floyd much easier. After watching Floyd for so long, I don't know why some of his previous opponents haven't done that yet. He has great head movement, but once you pinned him on the ropes, you have to aim your punches at his head instead wasting your energy by throwing hooks at his body which he'll be easily able to block with his elbows and counter you with his own hooks and uppercuts upstairs.

Comment

• I felt Cotto looked the more compact of the two personally.
            Because Floyds so lean is gives the impression he is bigger but Cotto looked very thickly built.

Comment

• Mayweather was actually the smaller guy in that fight. Literally, he weighed 147 while Cotto weighed 154 or so.

They're about even in just about everything else but arm length.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirage MGM View Post
                Cotto looked like a small dude trying to get out of a clinch..

Cotto looked small compared to him.. Just the muscle mass of floyd's upper body seems roided up. Cotto looked really small in there.. it felt weird seeing how small cotto looked during the clinches.. Floyd's upper body was engulfing cotto..

Floyd looked like the bigger man and the bigger muscle mass. The deltoids and torso of Floyd looked surprisingly big.

not to mention when he rehydrated he looks like a middle weight compared to cotto. Cotto is a big dude, but when they were tied together cotto looked like the smaller dude.

Yup only a blind man can't see he was even bigger than Cotto when he re-hydrated on fight night.

but really cmon, roided up, with olympic style drug testing, ppl just hate floyd

i wish one day i have as much haters like floyd

Comment

• well if that is "AGE" showing, then damn, the rest of boxing is just BAD, because he is still beating top fighters comfortably even with showing "AGE"

but yeah of course he is show signs of slowing down, he is getting older, but even with losing a few steps, he was so far ahead of everybody else in overall skills that it really won't show as bad and most won't be able to tell

him losing a step actually has made him more exciting to "CASUAL FANS"

Comment

• Pedro Diaz did a good job with Cotto

Cotto surprised me even more last night. Every great trainer has a great fighter. A great pupil. Great combo. Had to make a thread about Diaz and the great job he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                      Mayweather was actually the smaller guy in that fight. Literally, he weighed 147 while Cotto weighed 154 or so.

They're about even in just about everything else but arm length.
                      So they say.. don't believe that BS. He was one 151, normally you go higher not lower, and the fact he looked bigger than he used to tells a lot how much muscle mass he pact in for this fight. Floyd is getting better.

He was lean and his traps and deltoids, torso arms tells he really got bigger. Muscle mass is heavier than fat mass. Check the photo on top.

If you ask me I think he rehydrated to at least 156 in there. And that's a minimum..

Comment

Working...
                      X