No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Watched is 2 times. The 2nd time. (this morning not drunk as ****), Cotto did better than I 1st thought. Floyd won, but Floyd missed a lot & threw a ton load of arm punches. I believe Cotto landed the single harder shots but Floyd was more consistent & down the stretch he pulled away.
    Cotto didn't land the harder shots imo. In fact I'd sat he was more of a potshotter in this one than Floyd. Floyd def landed the harder shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Cotto didn't land the harder shots imo. In fact I'd sat he was more of a potshotter in this one than Floyd. Floyd def landed the harder shots.
      must've blinked everytime floyd through the right hand

Comment

• Floyd did not dominate. I am disappoint

Comment

• Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
          Floyd pulled away from Cotto after the 8th round. I have no idea how you gave Cotto 2 out of the last 4 rounds...
          I watched the fight and I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Floyd but u could
          Argue for 8 to 4 for mayweather. The the scores
          The judges gave were bull****,, Floyd clearly won but not by as big a margin as all the dick Ryders are sayin,, Floyd's the best but cotto repped hardbody

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            rewatched it earlier...I didn't realize how much Floyd got tagged....Cotto woked him over at times. I just remember yelling whenever Floyd ate a jab last night but Cotto definitely hit him more than anyone else ever has.
            No, Castillo hit Floyd more in their first fight. On a side note, Cotto was getting punished.

Comment

• Yes i re-watched i many times

Still thought Floyd won 9 and cotto 3.

Floyd was throwing alot of arm punches tho

Comment

• You can't capture the competitiveness of this fight with a scorecard. All of the rounds were competitive with Floyd getting the nod by landing cleaner effective punches. I still like my 8-4 card after watching it again. I saw it live in person and the hbo telecast today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Floyd got through clean & consistently. But Cotto worked the body & I heard Cotto's blows landing. I haven't watched the hbo version, but Cotto really landed them heavy shots but in the champ rounds Floyd did his thing while Cotto simply hung around. Floyd won 7-5 to me. Especially in the championship rounds. But I saw a lot of what Floyd did, (especially early over-overhyped).

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Notice how most of the Cotto fans are being good sports and acknowledging defeat in a surprisingly competitive fight. It is 99% pac lovers saying this garbage. Proving what we all knew already, that Pacquiao has the least knowledgable, blatantly dishonest, most garbage fanbase in the history of boxing.
                    Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
                    You said what needed to be said. It's true though, all these Pactarts are crying robbery while Cotto fans are saying it was a great fight but know the true winner. A robbery not even open for debate for this fight. Too bad we can't make that statement for last November.
                    Well said, x2

Comment

• Yeah I've re-watched it several times.

Mayweather was very sharp for the first 4 rounds, got a little sloppy at times in the mid rounds which isn't like him but then sharpened up for the championship rounds.

He was punching hard and fast throughout though. His reflexes still looked sharp too. Shame he didn't use the pull counter too much though, he only used it twice and it worked aswell. Once in the 3rd and once in the 6th.

Cotto was clearly much stronger than Mayweather in the clinch. I think people were expecting Floyd to be, I thought he might be aswell. But it was definitely Cotto, he was much stronger than Floyd.

I thought it was a great performance and every time I score it I have the same card, 118-110.

Comment

Working...
                      X