No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd haters back tracking.....

A day ago, when it looked like it was going to be Canelo.......EVERYONE and their brother was saying "Floyd should fight Cotto at 154, at least he gets credit for that and gets Cotto on his resume. Alvarez is too green and hasn't had any real big wins yet".

Now.....they say "Left overs, Cotto is old", etc. Nevermind that Cotto is 31 and Floyd is 35 this year.

Stop the back tracking, grow the f**k up, and at least be happy we got May-Cotto at 154 and Pac-Bradley, instead of Pac-Cotto II at 147 and May-Canelo at 154. They better fight in November-December by the way.

Floyd gets his due for beating Cotto. Cotto is past his prime-still good, has been since he lost to Marg in 08'. Cotto is still good and said from day 1, that a Cotto fight at 154 lbs for Floyd or Manny, is legit, a B+ fight. Manny gets more props for doing it first, but Floyd still gets his due. Same thing pretty much with Ricky Hatton, only vice-versa obviously.

Quit the back tracking, because all you guys would have been the first ones saying "Floyd is avoiding Cotto at 154, when he's still good" if he'd fought Canelo.

May-Cotto in May 12'.
    May-Pac in Nov-Dec 12'.
    May-Canelo/Sergio/Kirkland in May-June 13'.

That's my wish.

Mayweather-Cotto at 154 is a B+ fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      No CW.

Like Jro said everyone involved has said 154 and they are actually ridiculing Pac for his CW fights.
      It doesn't matter what their camps say.

If he comes in under 153 it's a FACT there was a secret, undercover catchweight. And this is undeniable.

Don't be mad at facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
        Cotto/Mayweather will have a massive buildup. Regardless of what happened in real life (which I don't know), it will LOOK like the #1 guy and the #3 guy are fighting because #2 guy would not fight either one of them without looking for an edge.

I repeat, I don't know if that's what happened.

But you can bet that's what it's going to look like once Floyd starts running his mouth. And I would not be surprised if the Arum-less Cotto runs his mouth against Pac too, just a little.
        I actually think this helps Pac if it breaks right. Floyd likely wont KO Cotto while Manny did, weight difference of course. Then floyd does his time in the pokey. If Manny fights Bradley and KO's him, it will make Manny look more powerful and make the fight more appealing.

AFter the JMM fight very few gave manny any chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I say 9-3 Mayweather with no knockdowns.

Cotto starts off the fight well enough winning 2 out of the first 4 but Floyd going on a run after and Cotto only getting a comparison round when Floyd lets up a bit before the championship rounds which Floyd will completely dominate.
          This, maybe 10-2. Floyd will be right in front of Cotto, but just out of his distance to where he can counter him. Team Cotto is going to have to look at Floyd's tapes against Ortiz, and try to exploit whatever holes (there were a couple moments where Ortiz was able to be effectively aggressive). This is going to be a very tough fight for Cotto to overcome, but I have faith that his trainer will get him as prepared as he possibly can be. Mayweather has the speed and is also starting to throw combinations again, which will be an issue for Cotto. I also wanna see if Floyd loses a step when he moves up to 154. Cotto (and any other fighter) should not allow Floyd to calculate and analyze, cuz if Cotto falls into a predictable rhythm, that's when you start eating lead right hands.

Comment

• Comment

• Pac is in a ****ty spot. Among hardcores he can salvage some by fighting Bradley, but the general public don't know who bradley is. To them it looks like an easy fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                It doesn't matter what their camps say.

If he comes in under 153 it's a FACT there was a secret, undercover catchweight. And this is undeniable.

Don't be mad at facts.
                lol. My bad. Had no idea.

I've been told.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Oh sorry, you didn't say under 154. That would just be plain non nonsensical..

But, if he comes in under 153 Lbs, then it's an absolute FACT there is a catchweight!

No problem, we all get things wrong every now and again.

Comment

• well cotto been brutally beat two times now. Everyone was discrediting pac's win because of how Tony destroyed him. So now everyone is saying he is better after going trough two savage beatings??

All t takes is common sense.. Cotto is cashing-out. He is a beaten down old horse.

Wish Cotto can pull it off but highly unlikely..

Comment

• i think it's funny this is the same guy that said Jabs don't count. Fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X