Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want to know how I KNOW you're wrong and the fight wasn't even that close like you're making it out to be?

I was in a PRO COTTO theatre. The only time I heard cheers from the crowd was when Cotto flurried Mayweather late in the fight and wobbled him.

Besides that, the crowd was dead silent besides the few Mayweather fans in the crowd.

Why would a pro Cotto crowd be so silent when they're fighter is supposedly winning the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      He is doing something fighters before him failed to do. When you look back in boxing history the fighters who suffered loses in the fashion that Cotto did against Margarito (first fight) and Pacquiao can't recover and become shells of themselves. You can look at Vargas after Trinidad, Trinidad after Hopkins, Taylor after Chavez, Tyson after Douglas and on and on and on. Those fighters got beat up and after that were never able to hang with the elite.

Cotto on the other hand is improving in certain areas of his game and is like he has a second prime if there is such a thing. He whent to hell and fought his way out of. It takes an individual with a strong mindset to do whats he is doing.
      I would give Pedro Diaz a lot of the Credit.
      With his coaching and Cotto's faith in him, as well as Cotto having his Family closer on his fight camps.
      I think all of this ahve had a positive effect on Cotto.

When Cotto was facing Pacman his fight camp was in disarray.
      All Cotto needs is stability, a good coach he vibes with and positive people around him.
      His Uncle was neither and what you got was the Pac fight

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Mayweather has average power. If he had good power he would have had miguel in more danger like pac had him. Its enough power to make his opponent respect him which is enough.
        In all fairness, Pacquiao hit Cotto with 300+ punches (estimated total), while Mayweather did some heavy damage "only" hitting him with an estimated 179 total punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          He is doing something fighters before him failed to do. When you look back in boxing history the fighters who suffered loses in the fashion that Cotto did against Margarito (first fight) and Pacquiao can't recover and become shells of themselves. You can look at Vargas after Trinidad, Trinidad after Hopkins, Taylor after Chavez, Tyson after Douglas and on and on and on. Those fighters got beat up and after that were never able to hang with the elite.

Cotto on the other hand is improving in certain areas of his game and is like he has a second prime if there is such a thing. He whent to hell and fought his way out of. It takes an individual with a strong mindset to do whats he is doing.
          A strong mindset for sure. and also facing weak competition (Foreman and Mayorga) to build his confidence and get his game face back on.

Comment

• By being himself. Like I said before the fight, if cotto can fight at his own pace he is hard to beat. He looked really comfortable in there hopping around the ring and be the stalker.

Take a look at how uncomfortable he was when marg was bum rushing him or when pac was blitzing him with combos.

I knew that with floyd's style cotto would be at his comfort zone and be able to perform.

Comment

• that performance by cotto last night was incredible. I didnt see that coming and Im glad he was able to give floyd a fight like that. cotto is clearly FAR from shot, and he is a world class fighter who would lost a fight to very few fighters out there. if he can fight at his weight and not a zombie, he is a huge wall to breakdown for any top guys...

Comment

• I think i saw floyd take the belt

Comment

• Cotto did a great job far better then any1 expected but did he win this fight? no....

I had him winning 4 rounds possibly 5 at the very most

Comment

• M. Cotto: a journeyman now!

Its pretty clear after last night that Cotto's skills just aren't what they used to be. While brave and determined, he was no match for Floyd Mayweather. Ten years ago, things might have been different. But, age affects all fighters differently. Cotto will make a wonderfully entertaining journeyman and ambassador for the sport.

And kudos to team Mayweather for having the sense to wait until Cotto's skills were in decline to fight him. This is standard operating procedure for Mayweather and it was a smart move for the money. Now waiting for Mannie to get old is another story since Floyd's age is the factor between them. I suspect Floyd will continue to dodge Mannie in the same way he dodged Kostya Tszyu. In short the fight between Mannie and Floyd will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DietyNubian View Post
                      Cotto did a great job far better then any1 expected but did he win this fight? no....

I had him winning 4 rounds possibly 5 at the very most
                      this

great job miguel, you have nothing to be ashamed of....

Comment

Working...
                      X