No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Discipline View Post
    Can people watch the video then post their scorecards?! Not beforehand.... dummies!

I started the thread and still have only just made round 9.
    A lot of people need to rewatch that fight.

Comment

• I had it 115-113 for Floyd trying to give Cotto every benefit of the doubt (as I am a Cotto fan).

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Cotto seem's to have a stamina problem he's a 10 round fighter in the Margarito fight he was starting to break down but the doctor stopped the fight. All I'm going to say in Pacquiao beat Cotto and Mosley in better fashion than Floyd did.
        From the films I've seen of Cotto doing roadwork he runs very slowly. That includes the training for Mayweather. When I see Pacquiao and Mayweather doing roadword they are running fast. Maybe Cotto does not train hard enough to build maximum stamina. Some guys will never have good stamina no matter how they train because some of it you are born with or not. Hard training helps of course.

Comment

• 117-111 Money May.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRITISH PRlDE
            I scored it 115:113 for Cotto and i have no idea why so many ******s say Floyd won this fight
            Originally posted by BRITISH PRlDE
            bro, I dont have to watch the fight again cause I already WATCHED IT TWICE!
            clearly you do

i had it 117-111 floyd last night, ill watch it again later

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
              A lot of people need to rewatch that fight.
              You my friend, gets rep

Comment

• Excellent Gifs

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Well honestly both fights were close. I sometimes become genuinely confused listening to Floyd fans act like he dominated both fights. Because to me both fights were close & Floyd just managed the W's. But I hear some Floyd fans acting like he put on clinics when he really didn't.
                  I don't want to be mean or anything, but, like UnDeniable said, I feel like you may be one of these guys that gets influenced by the crowd on TV or the people you're watching a fight with. Do you get excited when Oscar or Cotto let their hands go for 12 punches? Or do you sit there calmly and realize that 11 of them were rolled by Mayweather and didn't land? Do you think every time Floyd's head snaps back that he got punched? Or do you realize he's pulling back to avoid the punch?

Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but there's a reason Joe Schmoe watching on his couch with his Tekate and bag of Doritos isn't at ringside judging the fight. My advice to you is to block out Jim Lampley's voice and watch the actual fight before you come on here and make statements about lopsided fights (scorecard wise) being close and competitive.

They were competitive fights, sure, but on paper, they weren't close at all. 117-111 is how I scored both the first time I saw them and how I've scored De La Hoya-Mayweather the 3 times I've watched it since.

Comment

• 117-111 Cotto. Yes I didn't watch this video but already watched the fight beforehand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
                      I had it Mayweather-Cotto 9-3 and Oscar-Mayweather 8-4...I still think the Cotto fight was the closer fight even though I gave Oscar 4 rounds. Honestly, I think people gave Cotto rounds simply because they're not used to seeing Mayweather hit.
                      This^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X