No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Watch the fight again. Floyd buckled Cotto's knees several times with hooks to the head. Cotto would've been out sooner.
    Nah Cotto may have been slightly stunned but never in any danger of being dropped/stopped until the last round.

Would've this would've that, simple fact is he didn't

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
      Right.

But I do think that Floyd let him off the hook. I'm going to go on YouTube and try to see if someone has posted the fight so I can watch it again.

I recorded it on my TV so I've watched it a handful of times already.

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
        I scored it 6 rounds to 4 for Cotto with 2 rounds even. I am surprised there are only a few pple who say "robbery"
        Man stop trolling.

Name the rounds and who won them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
          Right.

But I do think that Floyd let him off the hook. I'm going to go on YouTube and try to see if someone has posted the fight so I can watch it again.
          He was, but he has been stunned by Torres, Judah, Corley but lasted.

Floyd would not have KO'd him, there was 1 min left or somehing and Cotto would have held on or taken a knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I recorded it on my TV so I've watched it a handful of times already.
            I always forget to record the PPV's for some reason.

Comment

• Comment

I don't know.

I find the people who thought the fight was either fixed or Cotto was going to win by stoppage in 8 rounds to be the more laughable of the idiots.
                Obvious trolls are obvious, not really laughable

What is laughable is certain Mayweather fans genuinely believe he's levels above every other fighter in the sport past and present

If they were discussing a fantasy matchup like Mayweather-Klitschko they'd say Floyd by UD because he'd make adjustments

Comment

Mayweather has a good chin. He's proved that time and time again.

The times Cotto landed flush he was never hurt.
                  I actually think Cotto hurt Mayweather at the beginning of round six when Mayweather moved into a left hook Cotto threw.

Mayweather immediately put his earmuffs on and his back leg look unsteady for a steady.

about, 20 seconds into the round...

Comment

• I had Cotto 7-5 for Mayweather and De La Hoya fight 8-3-1 for Floyd. Cotto did better overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I'm still laughing my arse off at all the people that were saying Floyd was going to "Gatti" Cotto and KO him within 6 rounds.
                      I am surprised that floyd never attempted to walk cotto down, that is how you beat cotto, he let him rest too much in it. I thought cotto would come to fight and then pack it in after 6 like he did against Pacquaio, but cuddos to him for doing his best work in the second half of the scrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X