Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    Mexican vs Puerto Rico
    Cotto would make the most money he's ever made in one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      2 fights in a row, Cotto did not get gassed out by the 6th round like he use to. Fought pretty good in both fights, IMO. He's pretty much got a job here for life now.

Cotto did not gas out in the Mayorga fight and Cotto was with Steward.

Comment

• mayweather does what he usually does, piling points to win. and cotto did the right fight plan, to pressure him!

the pac fight was different. cotto underestimated pac's power and that was the turning point and he never recovered after the 1st knockdown!

Comment

• A real good jab

is what's required to beat floyd ... and I mean REAL good

Comment

• Oscar had one of those..

Comment

• Cotto's trainer isn't getting enough credit.

He's rejuvenated a damaged fighter and has managed to teach the worn dog new tricks. Cotto surprised me greatly tonight and provided a very competitive fight.

I'm starting to believe the new trainer hype now..

Comment

• And one particular fighter doesn't have one... hmm..

Comment

• Cotto's jab is one of the best in the business!
                  In fact I am struggling to think of anybody around 154 with a better jab than Cotto.

Comment

• I've very much been on the Diaz band-wagon from the moment he begam working with Miguel.

His work with the Cubans speaks for itself and from the moment I saw his methods and preparations during the build-up to Margs-Cotto II I knew he was top class. He brought fresh methods to the table and he's improved Miguel as a fighter from having him push fighters back and position them to working his jab again, he's also improved him greatly as an athlete with no sign of real tiredness.

Comment

• The jab is why I expected Miguel to be effective in this fight, he has the best jab around in terms of effectiveness and timing (around these weight classes I mean).

It takes more than just a jab though, it has to be a very good pressure fighter who also has a jab. I think you need to be the bigger man physically to get the better of Mayweather, if you can't push him around, you've got little chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X