• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has got to be an E@stside boxing copypasta

Comment

• Even has a Gamboa sighting ftw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrel View Post
        Come on, Muhammad. You were watching a different fight weren't you?
        Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He's joking.

He has to be.
        You guys are funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antagonist View Post

50 Cent

The Biebs...

WWE's Triple H

...and is that Morgan Freeman?
          (joke)
          The more the better. Where is Cee Lo, Lady Gaga, and Ron Jeremy?

Comment

• i guess this is the tard's chance to get back at the man because everyone in the world said marquez was robbed in the third fight and they got all about it. well, you could actually make a case for marquez haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
              where the hell is this coming from, since when did cotto have problems making 147?

anyone? link, somethin
              Exactly. I've heard from Cotto multiple times "no, weight wasn't an issue, he was the better man"

Cotto weighed in 1lb. less than he did for the Clottey fight (146lbs against Clottey, 145lbs against Pacquiao).

Comment

• Bigger doesn't mean better. Roger Mayweather says Size dont win fights.

Watch the highlight video I posted, there is no way you can see a drained guy int hat fight, all I see is a very fast paced fight, Cotto wasn't faster at 154 he is bigger and slower.

Floyd fans were saying Cotto is done, why should PAcman rematch him he will just beat him. Now they are saying Cotto would eat Pacmans punches like skittles? I thought you said that fight was useless?

Pac has trouble with JMM because he never blocks punches he never covers up, he counters you when you come in, Floyd will cover up giving Pacquiao open shots, just like Cotto was able to tee off.

The problem now is Pacquiaos legs are gone, Floyd cherry picked his opponents and he thought Cotto would be a push over.

Remember his rant MY HEALTH, the only fighter he fears for his health is Pacquiao, why? not even Floyds fans thought Pacman was on roids before Floyd and his fam started saying it. All of a sudden they became anti-steroid movement.
                Last edited by hectari; 05-06-2012, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Points on the bolded:

1. Cotto is no longer the pressure fighter you described, not even close. As a matter of fact, I think this was an easier fight for Cotto because he was able to fight at a much slower pace. Floyd is a natural counter puncher and Cotto was able to move forward when he wanted and even move going backwards as he did in the middle rounds when Floyd was the aggressor. Cotto is no longer the pressure fighter you describe.
                  Against Floyd? Yes he was. The fact that Cotto starts to move around to take a breather doesn't mean he's not a pressure-fighter.
                  Being a pressure-fighter doesn't mean you have to move straight forward like a homing missile. Cotto fights in one of three modes; Active-aggressive, passive-aggressive or in breather-mode.

2. In the philly shell which is what Floyd uses, the punch that is most effective is the straight left, either as a jab or as a stiff hard straight left. The difference is that in the past, Floyd has avoided that exactly as you described, with his legs. That's why I think he's slowed down, because his legs were his biggest defense and he wasn't moving in and out of distance as he usually does.
                  And I respect that you think that. I think he has slowed down on his feet as well, but added weight I think is the cause of that. What I do think, though, is that in this particular fight, Floyd found it more effective, especially in a cost-reward sense, to stand his ground instead of jumping around. The signs which leads me to think this has been explained.

3. He doesn't need to counter with a low jab since the right hand is there after he uses the shoulder roll, right hand combo.
                  You don't need to, but it's effective for two reasons; it will be a surprising blow which may knock the air out of your opponent and it will bring his left hand down to open up for the right hand. Floyd does this all the time, even when in attack mode instead of in counter-mode.

4. Using the right uppercut would leave him wide open for a left hook and the reason he didn't throw it much except for in the last round. Floyd usually catches you with the counter right, jab or the left hook going backwards.
                  Exactly, a dangerous punch and a risky tactic unless you know what you're doing. If you watch slow-mode videos of Floyd on the ropes, you'll see that he leans outside the left hand of his opponent before trying to shoot the uppercut between the left and right hand of his opponent. What's interesting to me when I watch these things in slow motion is the focus of Floyd-the things he looks for and the small efforts he makes to place himself out of harm's way.

But even for Floyd it's a risky tactic because good opponents adapt to it and will try to look for that uppercut so they can counter with the hook.

5> Lastly you are right in the last paragraph but Floyd would never "invite" anything, especially the jab since the jab is the most important shot in boxing. Floyd doesn't concede anything in a fight, Cotto took it.

He was able to land the jab because of lack of movement from Floyd's legs, that was my whole point. Floyd in the past moved so well in and out of distance that he could counter, catch and return shots by that in and out movement. He wasn't as active that way tonight as he was in the past, just look at the Hatton fight for example, he was MUCH more of a pressure fighter than Cotto was tonight on that night. Floyd has always been an amazing fighter off the ropes but he allowed Cotto to land more shots than usual.

It wasn't as complicated as you are making out to be, everyone gets older and father time is undefeated. I'm not saying Floyd is near finished but the decline has taken place and I think tonight was the first sign of it.
                  Yes, all fighters look for things that may work, or tries to create an opening by trying to get their opponent to do a specific thing. That's "inviting".

Comparing the Cotto fight to earlier fights, like Hatton, is not really a valid point when it comes to the nature of the fights. Hatton was a mauler, a hugger and wrestler, Cotto is not. The different versions of Floyd just between the two fights against JMM and Ortiz, or even Mosley, goes to show that Floyd executes a pre-determined gameplan which is created to suit his various opponents. JMM is a counter-puncher, so Floyd took the countering part of JMM's game away. Hatton was a mauler, so Floyd used dirty tactics to take away the mauling. Similarly I think he figured out beforehand that it would be more effective to let Cotto smother himself than to risk running himself tired by moving and hitting arms and gloves.

I think that because that's what I do against tight-guarded fighters. To me it's the logical thing to do, and I think the best fighter in the world fights rather logical against the majority of his opponents the majority of the time.

Comment

• Oh my... this thread LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Vs Cotto: Pacquiao landed 336, thrown 780/ Floyd landed 176, thrown 687 Are these legit numbers?

Why do Flo-mos say Pacquiao has no skill? Why do they keep saying Cotto was drained when he looked faster against Pacquiao than this bloated 154 version with 10oz gloves that Floyd fought?

Also so what if Floyd fought Cotto without a catchweight, Cotto at 154 looked slow compared to him against Pacquiao, supposedly Floyd fought the better version even though he was much slower than the one Pacman fought. If Cotto fought Pacquiao the way he fought Floyd he would be knocked out even sooner, when he fought Pacquiao he felt the power combos and started running, Cotto didn't respect Floyds power at all.

Manny countered over Cottos jab with the lead left, he figured Cottos jab out, but Manny no longer has this type of speed of foot and hand.

154 is now a catchweight, when the hell did this begin.

Comment

Working...
                      X