Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
    excuses, looked exactly the same as floyd vs mosley and ortiz
    Excuses for what? Hahaha, I'm not a Floyd fan, your barking up the wrong tree there.

I'm telling you from round 1 I saw that Floyd looked a little bit slower, slower with his counter punches and was being hit easily at times with Cotto's jab.

Now I understand Cotto has a great jab but Floyd has faced many fighters with great jabs and wasn't hit this early.

He also stood against the ropes a lot, more than I have ever seen him. He likes to fight there but counters well and moves off, against Cotto he wasn't doing that as well I have seen him in the past.

Floyd is definitely in a decline. I didn't think so before this fight but he's slowed down, especially of foot.

Comment

• streamed it... only enjoyed the main event and the Quintana fight.
      Mosley fight was sad and Vargas fight was boring

Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        Cotto is levels above Ortiz and even at this stage of his career Cotto destroys him. Hopefully this fight comes off so u can see it. Two different classes of fighter. Dont let the Berto fight fool u
        Destroys him? Wow, biased aren't we. Let me guess your Puerto Rican and from NY....

I think Cotto beats Ortiz, I said that last time but destroys him?

Come on......this is why we can't real discussions in this place.

Comment

• It was billed as a major fight because it was going to be one and it certainly ended up being one. Floyd was tested and he passed. He dug deep and pulled it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Floyd didn't look quite as sharp tonight as he did against Ortiz, he was razor sharp that night. I think that was largely down to Cotto being a much bigger guy on the night though. It was physical which is draining.

All in all, that was a great night for the sport and very much worth the money. Much respect to both guy's for a great fight. Anyway, it's 8am over here, I need a sleep.
            you people are fukin ******ed, you have to see blood on floyds face to realise he's in a fight or somesht

ortiz was wackin him more than cotto, and earlier

p.s, ortiz is bigger than cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Floyd didn't look quite as sharp tonight as he did against Ortiz, he was razor sharp that night. I think that was largely down to Cotto being a much bigger guy on the night though. It was physical which is draining.

All in all, that was a great night for the sport and very much worth the money. Much respect to both guy's for a great fight. Anyway, it's 8am over here, I need a sleep.
              How can you go to sleep after such an action packed night? All I can think of is who Floyd will fight next, and how the pressure is on Manny to dominate Bradley to setup a mega fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                you people are fukin ******ed, you have to see blood on floyds face to realise he's in a fight or somesht

ortiz was wackin him more than cotto, and earlier

p.s, ortiz is bigger than cotto
                Wacking him more than Cotto? What fight where you watching?

Comment

• once again , the underdog should've won...floyd might've won the fight on paper but cotto won the war tonight....

Comment

• Good fight tonight. The scores were deceiving but they were the right scores. Mayweather clearly won but cotto landed a lot of shots on Floyd. It was fun to see mayweather get hit for once but then he would come back and land combinations of his own. This fight showed Cottos not a shot fighter and Floyd could stand and bang. I'm hyped up for the may vs pac again. I think it could be a close fight. Maybe something like 7-5 for Floyd. But then again pacs defense is not has good has Cottos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eg714 View Post
                      Good fight tonight. The scores were deceiving but they were the right scores. Mayweather clearly won but cotto landed a lot of shots on Floyd. It was fun to see mayweather get hit for once but then he would come back and land combinations of his own. This fight showed Cottos not a shot fighter and Floyd could stand and bang. I'm hyped up for the may vs pac again. I think it could be a close fight. Maybe something like 7-5 for Floyd. But then again pacs defense is not has good has Cottos.
                      Exactly. Which is why he won't go the distance. Floyd would stop him in the late rounds. Manny has no answer for his straight right.

Comment

Working...
                      X