No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    Do u still think Ortiz is better than Cotto?
    I never said Ortiz was better than Cotto, I said he's stronger and faster and he is.

Cotto is the better boxer but a fight with Canelo or Ortiz would be very different than this one.

Floyd allows you to come to him, he counters, Ortiz wouldn't do that. It would be a war vs either Canelo or Ortiz and I don't know if Cotto at this stage can keep up that pace for 12 rounds.

This was a very slow paced fight, just the way both Cotto and Floyd like it.

Comment

• SO obvious how it plays out too. Khan starts fast, doesn't really bother Mayweather, then gets KO'd in the mid to late rounds because he's tired

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Mayweather is a top fighter and Canelo wouldn't beat him....

BUT

I can honestly tell you from round 1 I saw a different Mayweather. He didn't look as sharp and a bit slower than usual. I think the decline has started, he is 35.
        Maybe, but look at B-Hop.

Comment

• I payed for it, and will be fine when the bill comes in. Saw it on a my big 240, 60 inch LED.

I'll save the streams for Chavez Jr. fights.

Kiss my ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Floyd still looked the same as he did in the Mosley/Ortiz fights. Not sure what people were looking at.
            lol no...Floyd was in a much more competitive fight tonight. He won but it wasnt like those fights.

Comment

Mayweather is a top fighter and Canelo wouldn't beat him....

BUT

I can honestly tell you from round 1 I saw a different Mayweather. He didn't look as sharp and a bit slower than usual. I think the decline has started, he is 35.
              excuses, same floyd as the one who fought vs mosley and ortiz

Comment

• Floyd didn't look quite as sharp tonight as he did against Ortiz, he was razor sharp that night. I think that was largely down to Cotto being a much bigger guy on the night though. It was physical which is draining.

All in all, that was a great night for the sport and very much worth the money. Much respect to both guy's for a great fight. Anyway, it's 8am over here, I need a sleep.

Comment

• i betted $50 on Cotto instead of paying it on PPV.
                  Stream is good.

Comment

I never said Ortiz was better than Cotto, I said he's stronger and faster and he is.

Cotto is the better boxer but a fight with Canelo or Ortiz would be very different than this one.

Floyd allows you to come to him, he counters, Ortiz wouldn't do that. It would be a war vs either Canelo or Ortiz and I don't know if Cotto at this stage can keep up that pace for 12 rounds.

This was a very slow paced fight, just the way both Cotto and Floyd like it.
                    Cotto is levels above Ortiz and even at this stage of his career Cotto destroys him. Hopefully this fight comes off so u can see it. Two different classes of fighter. Dont let the Berto fight fool u

Comment

• Floyd couldn't get lead rights in tonight. That was one difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X