No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikethomson
    This might have mean something if cotto was fighting in the 154 when pacman fought him. When PAC fought cotto at 145, cotto's last fight was with clottey at 146 so u can't say he was drain. It wasn't like cotto fought clottey at 154 then had to drop down to 145 for PAC. If this was the case then u can say he was drain.
    Miguel looked terrible in the Clottey fight also, and very easily could have lost. He took a while to recover from Margarito's wraps, it didn't really happen until the Foreman fight (154) when he got with a real trainer again and sorted out his footwork problems.

Miguel did what he always does, gave it his all and showed great heart when hurt. Pedro Diaz is the man also, really like him as a trainer. Unfortunetly tonight they were in against the best.

Comment

• Some ******s think Cotto won?

Mayweather won the fight clearly. By a wide margin.

Cotto did great though he earned my respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        dude, either ur a extreme cotto fan, a floyd hatter or ur just delusional. theres no way cotto won 7 rounds. boxing fans today are ****.
        Strikes 1,2, and 3 there. I'm not an extreme fan of Cotto, A Floyd hater, or delusional. I'm a fan of both guys as boxers and I called it how I saw it, and that was what it was. You have to look at what a guy doesn't do as much as what he does do, and Floyd didn't do much to substantiate winning this fight, certainly not by such a wide margin.

i have no issue with some of the close scores, ppl look for different things and floyd does look vulnerable on the ropes, even tho a lot of the time hes clearly blocking most of the shots. but 7 rounds for cotto is ******ed.
        Floyd ate tons of shots on the ropes, he was getting tagged all night with the jab unless he stayed way outside or was running away, and he was only effective in spots. He wasn't putting much pressure on Cotto even when he was coming forward, and a lot of times he was throwing punches simply to stay active either barely landing or not landing at all. Cotto drilled him all night. I will admit, when Mayweather was effective, he was very effective, but that was few and far between and Cotto was the one who forced the action, kept Floyd guessing and moving, and got the most done out there. Compubox might have shown Floyd to be throwing and landing more, but obviously that wasn't doing much for him because Cotto kept charging ahead and finding ways to negate both Floyds offense and he broke his defense all over the ring.

Comment

• Close fight could have been scored either way depending what you value more in the fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
            Nah, Castillo did better than Cotto scorecard wise, for sure.

most people with brains know that tonight was very competitive, but a clear Mayweather win.

Unlike the 1at Castillo fight, where you can make a very strong argument for a Castillo win.
            that's bull it wasn't a clear win. it was an even fight that mayweather pulled out in the 12th. he ran all night but cotto basically quit for 2 rounds in the middle. the score cards and letterman where frauds obviously looking to save the mayweather pac fight. anyone giving cotto only 2-3 rounds should be shot or surgically removed from mayweathers ball bag period.

Comment

• Anybody that thinks Pac can touch Floyd are off in the head , he will make Pac look ****** , Cotto was 10 pds above where Pac fought him , bigger and stronger and he was in great shape and came to win , best stamina Cotto has shown , Floyd is amazing his skills are unreal , gee if he had KO power he would be blowing everybody out of 3 divisions with not a CW in site .

Mosley fought a great fight Canello is a little over rated , maybe the weight is what Mosley needs at this stage of the game seems to flatten him at 147 , hope he retires though .

Comment

• Thing about nosebleeds is they happen all the time and you don't even need to get hit all that hard to start a flow of blood from the nose and it only takes one shot. I can see you guys arguing a case if Mayweather's eye started swelling. That would mean the same shot was consistently landing hard, however nose bleeds -from personal experience anyway- often start with one punch that hits the tip of the nose at a funny angle. Which would make sense as Floyd didn't get hit flush on the nose as he was pulling away from many of the shots when they did connect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
                  Yea and part of that pacing is Pacquiao keeping Cotto away to make it a track meet and not letting Cotto use his bigger frame against him. Cotto matched up really well against Floyd tonight and fought a great gameplan. Floyd to his credit when he had the few openings to land his right hand, he did so even if it at times was partial glance. Great night tonight
                  Pacquiao's uppercut was the turning point of their fight with Cotto.. That was what really slowed Cotto down.. For some reason, Floyd was not able to use this except for the 12th round when he almost knocked him down.

You look at the comparison between fights (Cotto-Pac, Pac-Floyd), and you can see styles really was the big factor.. Floyd's problem with relentless pressure fighter (like Castillo) was emphasized in this fight.. On the other hand when Floyd fought Cotto in the middle (like what Pac did), it is where he was really effective..

I dont really believe in triangle theories.. I do think that Pac-Floyd would be very competitive an even money fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hawk View Post
                    i think floyd let cotto have fun on the ropes on purpose just to get the crowd going, and in turn got a bloody nose. and people are running around seeing it as a weakness but i see it as just a unforseen/unlikely consequence he was willing to take for the risk of making an entertaining fight.
                    That was my impression to. It wasn't really an impression as much as an obvious thing, though.

floyd was locking cotto's arms alot. is this legal? floyd has mastered a lot of "acting like its normal" tactics in his game that boost his advantage.
                    No, it's not legal. Nor is the pushing with the forehead that everyone does. Floyd has mastered all aspects of the game, including the clever, dirty tactics designed to make opponents ineffective and frustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikefury View Post
                      Blind judges are blind.........................
                      there not blind they're paid off. you think there going to blow a 200 million dollar fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X