Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had it 117-111. One thing I noticed is that Mayweather is not a 154 pounder. He was smaller than Cotto more obviously than I thought he would be. I guess Cotto has grown into 154 over the last couple of years and looked stronger and faster than ever to be honest. Pac looked as big as Cotto at 145, yet Cotto looked bigger than Mayweather at 154.

Anyway, it also shows what that 145 did for Pac. Instead of having four rounds of energy, Cotto had a full 12 in him and it was a fuller 12 rounds of energy than I have ever seen him have, from 140 to 154. He's certainly not shot, and if he can have that type of camp in the future he can beat anyone at 154 arguably. I was surprised by how good Cotto did look though.

I do think that people are overreacting to how well Cotto did. Pac still got hit more and beaten up worse against Cotto at 145 in 6 rounds than Mayweather did in 12 and to me, it looked clear that Cotto was in much better shape in this fight. He did better than most and actually landed some shots like , but he still clearly lost most rounds to a score at about 117-111, maybe even 116-112 or 118-110. Any of those are fine. The crowd certainly helped Cotto though.

It was a good, fun fight. Glad it happened. Didn't think Cotto would be as energetic, strong and fast as he was. I was surprised. I guess it shows what Diaz has done for him and how a good trainer can motivate and make a fighter better. He has looked better in these last two fights than just about ever before probably. Considering he's now facing the best in the world, instead of guys like Judah, Quintana and Malignaggi and looking as good doing it as that. I think he's got lots left with Diaz as trainer.

Cotto vs Alvarez next anyone? Yes please.

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      prime cotto wouldve ate mayfeathers food !!!!! the blueprint to beat mayweather has been laid !!!!!!! i gauranttee he wont fight pac now !!!!!! manny droped a prime cotto 6 times !!!!!! mayfeather couldnt drop a washed up cotto at all !!!!!!

castillo and cotto both beat mayfeather !!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep them coming

Comment

• and floyd clearly had trouble breathing from that smashed nose in the 3rd or 4th

Comment

• 8 rounds to 4 but even still Cotto looked better than I thought he had looked at 154.

Comment

• Some of yall thought it was a robbery? I guess we have to rewatch the fight in slow mo eh? Smh

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Cotto fought amazingly well, Floyd strangely looked gassed at times
              Yeah. I thought that was strange too. I am guessing it was the nose. He broke it and had to breath out of the mouth all fight. That's just what I am guessing though.

Comment

• I think cotto ****s canelo on styles big mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  and you're a pacquiao fan?

I'm surprised, as you can see most of them believe Floyd lost somehow.
                  lolz i have not talk to anyone yet but I dont believe any pacfan would have seen the floyd lost that fight .... probaly only from some tards

anyway although I was rooting for cotto, isee how it was frustrating to fight mayweather's defense plus all the tricks he have not to mention good speeed & offense...

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Great job by Canelito too, too bad they put him on blast by saying he wasn't ready during the post-fight interview.
                    He clearly isn't ready though, at least as fans we're spared that mismatch.

Martinez, Berto or Pacquiao are the opponents for FMJ, not Canelo.

Comment

• As a fighter myself I have to say that Floyd is a master of the art of boxing. He stands toe-to-toe against the supposed infighter of the two and just easily outfights Cotto.
                      While a fairly "close" fight, it was a dominant victor at the end, despite Floyd electing to stand toe-to-toe.
                      At a glance it looked like most of the action was rather even, but being a sucker for details I noticed that Floyd was in complete control 95% of the time just by looking at his eyes and where he looked. That man is razor sharp with high levels of intelligence.

It came to the point where I actually found myself laughing and enjoying myself over the psychology and mind games Mayweather presented. Searching my head right now, I can honestly say that I remember more about the looks, body language, mindset and mindgames of the fight than the action itself.
                      In my eyes those things are far more telling about fighters and fights than whether or not the scorecards should be 118-111 or 116-112.

Mayweather could have stopped Cotto in the last two rounds had he wanted to, of that I am sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X