Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steward on Mayweather vs Cotto (VIDEO)

Seems like he slightly favors Mayweather, but says Miguel is being heavily underrated and would not be surprised if Cotto wins, even by knockout.

He says that Cotto is being underrated because all people remember are his two losses, and forget about everything else he has done. He also says Cotto is seasoned, won't have stage fright, and since Juanma lost, he is the #1 boxer in Puerto Rico, which is a country where boxing is the #1 sport.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-dep...260116001.html

Comment

• Up to one or two weeks ago, I was convinced that Floyd gets an easy win. Since then I am so hyped for this fight, I don't know what to believe anymore. Maybe it's grasping at straws, but I believe in Pedro Diaz and his preparation that this will be competitive. And I hope Miguel is not as far away from his prime as most (including me) thought. And maybe, just maybe, Floyd has lost a step or two at the age of 35 (although nothing in the fights against Marquez, Mosley and Ortiz even remotely hinted at that, in my opinion).

However this fight goes, we will be seeing two of the best going at it, and I am so freaking excited, it's not even funny anymore...

Same goes for Mosley-Alvarez. Canelo looks like the big favourite on paper, he's got youth and momentum going for him. But I am dying to see how much Shane has left, and I refuse to believe his chances are as bad as betting odds suggest.

Comment

• idk.. at first i thought it would be a mismatch but now im feeling cotto might give him a bit of a fight. hes in a good place in his life now, happy and confident and maybe this will be the best cotto since margarito knocked him out in 08'.

still i feel the speed and skills of mayweather is just too much. cotto might be as prepared as is humanly possible both physicly and mentally but if you cant compete with someones skills it doesnt really matter. floyd is always prepared himself so its not like cotto will catch him overconfident.

ive changed my mind as far as cotto going the distance, before i thought it was a 90% chance floyd knocked him out now its like 60%. but i still dont think cotto has the skills and speed to really bother floyd down the stretch. could pose some problems early but floyd will figure him out.

Comment

• One of Steward's reasons on why Cotto would win is because of his fans? Are you fuckin kidding me?

Comment

• Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
            One of Steward's reasons on why Cotto would win is because of his fans? Are you fuckin kidding me?
            Although its obviously not a legit reason having a lot of fans cheering and chanting your name can definitely spur an athlete on and it has to count as a small advantage.

Comment

• Did Dan Rafael ever release the amount Floyd was going to get paid for this fight?

He released every other fighters purse but said he would release mayweathers on thursday, did anyone hear or see anything about that yesterday??

Comment

• Dan Rafael is still stalking David Haye and chasing him around arena's LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  Dan Rafael is still stalking David Haye and chasing him around arena's LOL!
                  lol

Comment

• Floyd will always have a chance to beat his opponents considering he trains for about a year for each opponent.

But he hasnt shown me enough to think he should be huge favourite against Cotto. He might be favourite in a fight Cotto will win.

JMM was bloated and made for Floyd. SSM was too used to losing to beat Floyd. Ortiz....well we know there was no satisfactory outcome in that fight. So on paper Floyd hasnt done much worth shouting about at all since his comeback.

Cotto to beat Floyd on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                      One of Steward's reasons on why Cotto would win is because of his fans? Are you fuckin kidding me?
                      I think that was more of a side commen on stewards part. The main message was that miguel is being slept on, is alot better than people think, etc...With that said, having an entire nation behind you is alot better than having said nation against you, mentally.

I think it is borderline ridiculous to think mayweather is gonna ko cotto. Drop him...maybe, but not stop him. It takes hard punching volume punchers 11-12 rounds to stop cotto, and being a volume puncher is something that mayweather is not. Poeple acting like cotto has never been hit hard before...

But of course, people think mayweather is some kind of ko artist, especially in the higher weight divisions....

One freakin day...cant wait
                      Last edited by ~AK49~; 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X