No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    Cotto will once again don the Everlast MX glove 10oz I want to say Grey and Pink but I have not seen the pics of them

Mosley will be wearing Everlast 10oz custom with his Sugar moniker on them
    What do you mean by 10oz custom? Specially made gloves for mosley or just mx gloves with his custom logo?

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      8M? That kinda sucks if you ask me.
      I can think of a lot of things that suck in this world......$8 million isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
        What do you mean by 10oz custom? Specially made gloves for mosley or just mx gloves with his custom logo?
        Custom made for Shane

not the MX

Comment

• Well it looks like that's what Cotto is going to do based on the footage we keep seeing of him following Diaz and staying in his chest while firing off combos.

The problem with this is Floyd is surgical with his counters. He's going to throw the uppercut inside and use his elbow to position Cotto and throw other counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            Custom made for Shane

not the MX
            Interesting. I always wondered, is there no regulation as far as how gloves are made for pro fights. Example, leather type, foam type, weight distribution, amount of horse hair, etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
              he's laughing because you said that you thought you heard that Cotto will get all the PPV money. There is no way in hell that Cotto gets all the PPV money. Infact, his PPV upside is probably like 15% to Floyd's 85% but in the end that doesnt matter to me. Its about what you do in the ring and not the money you make
              Also keep in mind that HBO gets half the PPV sales off the top.

So if a fight has 1.5 million buys, and the average viewer pays $60, and the fight generates $90 million in PPV money, HBO takes $45 million off the top.

Floyd might get all of fighters' share from the first million buys - $30 million.

If the PPV upside is 1 million buys, Floyd and Cotto may split their share of the remaining 500,000 buys, say, 70% to 30%. Which would give Floyd an additional $10.5 million. And give Cotto roughly another $4.5 million ... on top of his guarantee of $8 million.

So Floyd would get $40.5 million, Cotto $12.5 million and HBO $45 million.

Then Cotto and Floyd will have to pay their trainers, managers, teams' their cut and pay taxes too.

So Floyd will end up with about $16-17 million after everything is paid out and Cotto will go home with around $5 million.

Or something like that.
              Last edited by Dubblechin; 05-02-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm View Post
                I can think of a lot of things that suck in this world......$8 million isn't one of them.
                Preach brotha!

Comment

• Mayweather vs Cotto Final Presser Video (Face Off)

Comment

• Originally posted by chibomber View Post

cotto broke first.

Comment

• Hell yeah.

Comment

Working...
                      X