Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    That's why nobody ever beat Mayweather, they never put their heart in
    Well give me your Round by Round of Castillo 1 and I will disect it and make you look like a fool.

Injury or not, he was beaten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Dan Rafael of ESPN reports that Miguel Cotto will make a career-best $8 million purse on Saturday night against Floyd Mayweather Jr, plus upside money from the HBO pay-per-view sales.

Mayweather's purse total will be handed in on Thursday, but keep in mind that Mayweather makes far more than just his purse, as he gets a big cut of PPV money, plus as he's said before, basically a cut of everything sold during the event, from hot dogs and beer to t-shirts and hats. It's the Bruce Springsteen deal.

Manny Pacquiao absolutely makes more than his Nevada pay sheets read, as he's been guaranteed $20 million-plus for his recent fights, but it's a goofy piece of side note trivia that as far as I recall, Cotto's $8 million purse is actually higher than the Nevada commission purse figure Pacquiao has made in any fight to date.

Pacquiao had a $6 million purse against Mosley, and the same figure when he faced Juan Manuel Marquez. His guarantees for those fights were $20 and $22 million. Both Marquez and Mosley were paid $5 million for their fights with Manny, and Mosley was paid $7 million for his fight with Mayweather in 2010.

So this makes Cotto, not even counting the PPV upside, the highest-paid opponent for either fighter, besides Oscar De La Hoya, who was the A-side in his fights with Floyd and Manny.

Cotto made a $4 million purse when he fought Pacquiao in November 2009, and had a 35% share of the PPV pot

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
        Dan Rafael of ESPN reports that Miguel Cotto will make a career-best $8 million purse on Saturday night against Floyd Mayweather Jr, plus upside money from the HBO pay-per-view sales.

Mayweather's purse total will be handed in on Thursday, but keep in mind that Mayweather makes far more than just his purse, as he gets a big cut of PPV money, plus as he's said before, basically a cut of everything sold during the event, from hot dogs and beer to t-shirts and hats. It's the Bruce Springsteen deal.

Manny Pacquiao absolutely makes more than his Nevada pay sheets read, as he's been guaranteed $20 million-plus for his recent fights, but it's a goofy piece of side note trivia that as far as I recall, Cotto's $8 million purse is actually higher than the Nevada commission purse figure Pacquiao has made in any fight to date.

Pacquiao had a $6 million purse against Mosley, and the same figure when he faced Juan Manuel Marquez. His guarantees for those fights were $20 and $22 million. Both Marquez and Mosley were paid $5 million for their fights with Manny, and Mosley was paid $7 million for his fight with Mayweather in 2010.

So this makes Cotto, not even counting the PPV upside, the highest-paid opponent for either fighter, besides Oscar De La Hoya, who was the A-side in his fights with Floyd and Manny.

Cotto made a $4 million purse when he fought Pacquiao in November 2009, and had a 35% share of the PPV pot

PRPP
        he's laughing because you said that you thought you heard that Cotto will get all the PPV money. There is no way in hell that Cotto gets all the PPV money. Infact, his PPV upside is probably like 15% to Floyd's 85% but in the end that doesnt matter to me. Its about what you do in the ring and not the money you make

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post

PRPP
          Notice the part i highlighted in your previous post

Comment

• Floyd would box circles around Tito

Comment

• tito's strategy:
              Get beat up the whole fight and hope to win the last 3 rounds to get a gift

Comment

• Well said actually, I though he was going to talk some ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  Floyd would box circles around Tito
                  Lol...
                  Stop it...
                  You Know
                  You Don't Believe that Yourself

Comment

• That style of fighting got Trinidad 2 shut out losses to Winky and Hopkins. You don't fight toe to toe with accurate, defensive, couterpunchers. You let them come forward, you gotta stink up the place. Make the fight ugly, clinch, don't try to copy Vazquez-Marquez/Ward-Gatti. Let them take the initiative.

Look at Broner vs De Leon. Who was the one coming forward and the one running? To me, it looked like Ponce did more of the running and Broner did more of the coming forward. And that made Broner uncomfortable and a bit impatient and offensive minded and that's why the fight was so close. Cotto needs to do this. I wouldn't take Trinidad's advice when it comes to fighting guys like Floyd, B-Hop, Winky or any defensive counterpuncher. He was very good at fighting come forward guys who had no movement. DLH outboxed him aswell. Whitaker was past it.

Comment

• Yall saying floyd would box circles around tito lol he wouldn't get in a ring with him

Comment

Working...
                      X