No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
    Cotto will bring home more than Manny ever has...............LOL...........................
    You are correct. However, after one of the clowns who make up the boxing media figure this out and actually write an article about it between the free buffets provided to them for writing the glowing articles about Pacquaio and Top Rank fighters, Arum will claim that Paquiao is being guaranteed $40 million for the Bradley fight, even thought the official contract will state that Pac's guarantee is only $6 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Floyd never pays his opponent what they deserve. Thats why Marquez and Mosley left GBP to get a career high payday fight against Pac. And Ortiz only got like 2.5 mill.

Cotto will make around that (2.5 to 5 mill)
      For your information Cotto is the 3rd highest PPV sale in Boxing ! Marquez or Ortiz not even close on Money from Cotto.

Comment

• Cotto probably took a $15 milliion flate rate deal similiar to the $40 million Pac got offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
          It is his biggest payday. PLUS he doesn't have a middle man to pay anymore (Bob Arum). So Mayweather leaves him, Oscar leaves him, Cotto leaves him, all Bob has left is Pac and he is milking the **** out of him. WHY the hell doesn't pac leave him!??!
          I'm sure he does have a "middleman". You guys always go off half-loaded. The promoter gets paid. Who do you think is putting on the fight and doing all the work, not Cotto Promotions nor Mayweather "Promotions". Golden Balls will likely be doing it, as they always do for Mayweather fights. Oscar will be taking his usual cut, which is likely to be around 20-30%. I don't know about the residuals. Does anybody have the real figures?

Everyone seems to forget that the PPV/Cable companies get 50% of the PPv, the promotesr will get about 25-30% not forgetting the fighter's personal expenses including 10% for his trainer.

I saw a speculative report saying that it might add up to as much as $15 mill.

And...Cotto didn't "leave him", it was all proper and friendly. Cotto thanked Arum for "everything you have done for me"....

You're so keen on scoring points on Aum, who doesn't know of your existence, that you conveniently neglect facts. Not clever.
          Last edited by edgarg; 04-22-2012, 11:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            The sad thing is if Cotto had agreed to fight Pacquaio again, he would only have received a $5 million guarantee and would have had to sign for five more fights with Top Ran. I am glad Cotto saw the light and walked away. Unfortunately, what this means is he will never get the rematch with Pacquaio because Arum will not allow anyone to fight one of his guys unless they are under contract to Top Rank.
            You're blowing smoke. Cotto could sign on a single fight basis, like other top fighers often do.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
              Cotto expecting $30 million purse

By Rey Colón -The Sport Press

Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs), who will defend his WBA 154-pound belt on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25 KOs), will receive the best purse of his life with a 65/35 split of the pay-per-view. Cotto, who until December 31 was tied to Top Rank, traveled to Las Vegas a few weeks ago to hear the offer of Bob Arum before making a decision that was revealed on Wednesday by Mayweather Jr. to NSAC commissioners when he was approved for a 2012 boxing license.

The Sport Press revealed on December 13 that negotiations for the fight were moving forward during the WBC Convention in Las Vegas. The contract itself has not been signed but details are expected to be finalized in about two weeks. Golden Boy Promotions will be the lead promoter along with Mayweather Jr. and Cotto.

from fight news
              I don't see how this can be. If there are a million PPVs that's only $50 millions. Even if there are 2 million PPVs for roughly $100 mill, the PPV/Cable people take 50% right away. And although there is other sizeable income, the PPV's are the major portion of the total. The promoters have to be paid and that means Oscar, since Golden Balls is the only promoter involved who's capable of doing all the work.

So where are those huge paydays coming from we keep hearing about??

Comment

• Why does it matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  I'm sure he does have a "middleman". You guys always go off half-loaded. The promoter gets paid. Who do you think is putting on the fight and doing all the work, not Cotto Promotions nor Mayweather "Promotions". Golden Balls will likely be doing it, as they always do for Mayweather fights. Oscar will be taking his usual cut, which is likely to be around 20-30%. I don't know about the residuals. Does anybody have the real figures?

I saw a speculative report saying that it might add up to as much as $15 mill.

And...Cotto didn't "leave him", it was all proper and friendly. Cotto thanked Arum for "everything you have done for me"....

You're so keen on scoring points on Aum, who doesn't know of your existence, that you conveniently neglect facts. Not clever.
                  from what i hear Floyd pays Goldenboy a flat fee

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                    So if Cotto is due to make $30M at 35%, why does he only offer Manny $40M, if he gave 35% of $150M its suppose to be, that would be $52.5M. Manny deserves to make 50%, he beat Cotto bad.
                    In my opinion you are absolutely correct.

Comment

• Mayweather vs Corrales is now on HBO ON Demand.

Comment

Working...
                      X