Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You stay close to Floyd and you'll get countered and punished A LOT.

The way to beat him is to take a gun into the ring.

Comment

• Trinidad just needs to take the back seat and stfu. Besides this interview is old, read it a while ago on a PR website, it was just brought up now to stir some ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Problem with this part is that, Floyd is very consistent at countering body attack. I think the best way to have a chance of beating him is to make him be the aggressor, but you have to have great footwork and hand speed to constantly make him pay.

Floyd has the ability to cutting off the ring and apply intelligent aggressive pressure against his opponents, but at the same, he's really vulnerable to get hit and inconsistent at applying that type of strategy (If there is one main weakness in Floyd's repertoire, this would have to be it). Someone who has good footwork and underrated counter-punching skills like Martinez and maybe Pacquiao would give Floyd a lot of problems.

This.

Floyd's uppercuts are insane, especially since he turns his body into them and away from the shots while at the same time stepping around if he chooses to. His spacing is also amazing..so you're most likely going to eat something hard on the way in, and something as you try to get yours off. Floyd's style lends itself well to fighting even if he was tired.

Although..like someone said, a well placed body shot like the one Oscar took is in the realm of possibility. Floyd allegedly has jacked up ribs does he not? Still...I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd punishes Cotto's body instead..people forget about Floyd's body punching.

Comment

• Dan Rafael's: Cotto-Floyd Glove Type, Size and Purses!

Dan Rafael @denrafaelspn Mayweather will wear Grant gloves, Cotto Everlast. Alvarez Grant, Mosley Everlast. All 10 ounces (as are all fights in Vev over 147)
          Addtionally:

Dan Rafael @denrafaelspn Mayweather purse will be given to commission Thursday. Cotto purse is $8 million (plus ppv upside). #boxing#RingKings
          And:

Dan Rafael @denrafaelspn More purses for the PPV: Canelo $1.2M, Mosley $650K, latimore $55K, Quintana $23K, Vargas $125K, Forbes $40K.
          Very much interesting.

Those Everlast will be beating some heads on Sat........Canelo will be exposed, and Floyd will be put down and defeated via KO/TKO not later than the 8th round by Miguel Cotto!

Yo voy al mio! Guerra Miguel!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
            Addtionally:

And:

Very much interesting.

Those Everlast will be beating some heads on Sat........Canelo will be exposed, and Floyd will be put down and defeated via KO/TKO not later than the 8th round by Miguel Cotto!

Yo voy al mio! Guerra Miguel!!
            Canelo is only getting 1.2m? I thought I read somewhere that Cotto is getting 20 million plus.

Also what does ppv upside mean?

Comment

• Vargas is making 125k? WTF this is why people bash the UFC Pay scale.

Comment

• Probably means 8 + PPV revenue.

Anyway..Shane is fighting for 600k? Ouch... It's not even for a paycheck at this point..wtf is wrong with him? V__V

And yeah..wtf Vargas lmao

Comment

• no way Floyd is getting KO'd

Comment

• Originally posted by LFC View Post
                    Canelo is only getting 1.2m? I thought I read somewhere that Cotto is getting 20 million plus.

Also what does ppv upside mean?
                    I heard floyd gets 70% of the gate and Cotto will get 30% and I also heard Cotto will get all the PPV buys but I'm not sure.

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
                      I heard floyd gets 70% of the gate and Cotto will get 30% and I also heard Cotto will get all the PPV buys but I'm not sure.

PRPP

Comment

Working...
                      X