• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Lol...
    Stop it...
    You Know
    You Don't Believe that Yourself
    Any one with half a brain cell knows Mayweather would actually box circles around Trinidad. I mean, you don't think a prime Trinidad would be favored over a prime Mayweather, do you? The current 35 year old Floyd would probably beat the breaks off the Trinidad who fought DLH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      2 things imperative to beating Floyd.

1. Stamina, nobody he's faced had the stamina to overcome him.

2. A sustained body attack. (Shoulders hips & elbows) included.
      Margarito

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
        Dan Rafael of ESPN reports that Miguel Cotto will make a career-best $8 million purse on Saturday night against Floyd Mayweather Jr, plus upside money from the HBO pay-per-view sales.

Mayweather's purse total will be handed in on Thursday, but keep in mind that Mayweather makes far more than just his purse, as he gets a big cut of PPV money, plus as he's said before, basically a cut of everything sold during the event, from hot dogs and beer to t-shirts and hats. It's the Bruce Springsteen deal.

Manny Pacquiao absolutely makes more than his Nevada pay sheets read, as he's been guaranteed $20 million-plus for his recent fights, but it's a goofy piece of side note trivia that as far as I recall, Cotto's $8 million purse is actually higher than the Nevada commission purse figure Pacquiao has made in any fight to date.

Pacquiao had a $6 million purse against Mosley, and the same figure when he faced Juan Manuel Marquez. His guarantees for those fights were $20 and $22 million. Both Marquez and Mosley were paid $5 million for their fights with Manny, and Mosley was paid $7 million for his fight with Mayweather in 2010.

So this makes Cotto, not even counting the PPV upside, the highest-paid opponent for either fighter, besides Oscar De La Hoya, who was the A-side in his fights with Floyd and Manny.

Cotto made a $4 million purse when he fought Pacquiao in November 2009, and had a 35% share of the PPV pot

PRPP
        so tell me WHY manny is turning down 40million that floyd offered him and asking for more(but SAYS he would take the test). pacquiao is a punk, he needs to LEAVE arum...

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Notice the part i highlighted in your previous post
          This fight will be ordered all over the world. Cotto can add 30 Million to that 8 before it's said and done. While this fight is on the world and time will stop!

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            This.

Floyd's uppercuts are insane, especially since he turns his body into them and away from the shots while at the same time stepping around if he chooses to. His spacing is also amazing..so you're most likely going to eat something hard on the way in, and something as you try to get yours off. Floyd's style lends itself well to fighting even if he was tired.

Although..like someone said, a well placed body shot like the one Oscar took is in the realm of possibility. Floyd allegedly has jacked up ribs does he not? Still...I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd punishes Cotto's body instead..people forget about Floyd's body punching.
            Exactly! Floyd's body punching is serious! Chec out how he did Hatton in Rd 8 or how he did coralles or judah or gatti, or hell even bruselles. I don't think people take into account how good a phone booth fighter Floyd can be as well (chavez). I wish i knew how to make bets on here because i honestly think floyd is gonna eat Cotto ALIVE on the inside.

Comment

This fight will be ordered all over the world. Cotto can add 30 Million to that 8 before it's said and done. While this fight is on the world and time will stop!

PRPP
              Yeaaaaaa keep dreaming buddy

Comment

Dan Rafael of ESPN reports that Miguel Cotto will make a career-best $8 million purse on Saturday night against Floyd Mayweather Jr, plus upside money from the HBO pay-per-view sales.

Mayweather's purse total will be handed in on Thursday, but keep in mind that Mayweather makes far more than just his purse, as he gets a big cut of PPV money, plus as he's said before, basically a cut of everything sold during the event, from hot dogs and beer to t-shirts and hats. It's the Bruce Springsteen deal.

Manny Pacquiao absolutely makes more than his Nevada pay sheets read, as he's been guaranteed $20 million-plus for his recent fights, but it's a goofy piece of side note trivia that as far as I recall, Cotto's $8 million purse is actually higher than the Nevada commission purse figure Pacquiao has made in any fight to date.

Pacquiao had a $6 million purse against Mosley, and the same figure when he faced Juan Manuel Marquez. His guarantees for those fights were $20 and $22 million. Both Marquez and Mosley were paid $5 million for their fights with Manny, and Mosley was paid $7 million for his fight with Mayweather in 2010.

So this makes Cotto, not even counting the PPV upside, the highest-paid opponent for either fighter, besides Oscar De La Hoya, who was the A-side in his fights with Floyd and Manny.

Cotto made a $4 million purse when he fought Pacquiao in November 2009, and had a 35% share of the PPV pot

PRPP
                Is this article supposed to say Cotto is getting all the PPV money? Because it doesn't.

Comment

• No surprise on the gloves.

thank you for posting though

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                    Exactly! Floyd's body punching is serious! Chec out how he did Hatton in Rd 8 or how he did coralles or judah or gatti, or hell even bruselles. I don't think people take into account how good a phone booth fighter Floyd can be as well (chavez). I wish i knew how to make bets on here because i honestly think floyd is gonna eat Cotto ALIVE on the inside.
                    i mostly agree. in think it will be even on the inside though, atleast if its early. late in the fight when cotto slows down floyd will be able to dominate up close but early on it will be close action if they fight on the inside. i would still give floyd the edge though.

Comment

• 8M? That kinda sucks if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                      X