No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Trinidad thinks he has the remedy to beat Mayweather “He should stay toe to toe with Mayweather”

“He should stay toe to toe with Mayweather, round-by-round, close to Mayweather like all Puerto Ricans know how to do,” said Trinidad during an interview with Puerto Rico’s El Nuevo Dia newspaper. “Put all his heart in and stay toe-to-toe. Try to look for a good shot and soften him little by little.”

Cotto (37-2, 30 knockouts) is facing Mayweather (42-0, 26 KOs) who on May 8th will look to claim a second title at 154lb and become an 8 time world champion, Trinidad said Cotto will need to be fast enough to overcome Mayweather’s speed and upper body movement.

“It is going to be very difficult for Cotto,” said Trinidad. “Because the other guy has the physical conditioning, the intelligence, doesn’t take many shots and is very elusive. Cotto can win, but it’s not going to be easy.”

http://badsportsnews.com/?p=3121
    That's why nobody ever beat Mayweather, they never put their heart in

Comment

• i agree with Felix

Comment

• Didn't Oscar stay close and try to go Toe to Toe with him? Mayweather took away Oscar's jab when he did . which forced Oscar to brawl. In which Oscar kept getting countered when he started to brawl. The thing about Floyd is I think he takes your heart away from you as the fight goes on. This forces other fighters to just quit in the ring.

Comment

• So fight like Trinidad

Comment

• The only chance anyone has at beating the guy, is beating him at his own game. Doing what Floyd does, but better. There's just no one in the game right now capable of doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              That's why nobody ever beat Mayweather, they never put their heart in
              Castillo did but was robbed and no were not talking of the 2nd fight

Comment

• Jab jab jab bodywork jab jab jab

Comment

• You need to be able to compete with him physically (athletically) and have a good jab and timing. Closest challenge at 154 is Lara imo..but even then he's so damn iffy. I don't see anybody under 154 over powering Floyd. Martinez has certain things that could make it harder for Floyd, but even then he's still favored to beat Sergio. Sergio IMO has the best chance of beating him...but this is boxing and I'm rooting for Miguel to knock him the eff out. I'm a hater who admires floyd's skills..<__<..but still a hater.

Is it just me or are people under the impression Castillo completely shut out Floyd in the first one?
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Tito knows what he speaking about...

Team Tito Trinidad 4 Life

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      You need to be able to compete with him physically (athletically) and have a good jab and timing. Closest challenge at 154 is Lara imo..but even then he's so damn iffy. I don't see anybody under 154 over powering Floyd. Martinez has certain things that could make it harder for Floyd, but even then he's still favored to beat Sergio. Sergio IMO has the best chance of beating him...but this is boxing and I'm rooting for Miguel to knock him the eff out. I'm a hater who admires floyd's skills..<__<..but still a hater.

Is it just me or are people under the impression Castillo completely shut out Floyd in the first one?
                      And the truth shall set you free lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X