Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly unlikely that Cotto wins this one. The last time that Cotto looked impressive was when I saw him fight Mosley and even then, Cotto looked in trouble late in the fight but Mosley couldn't take advantage of that.

It's boxing so Cotto has a punchers chance but that's it. Let's hope for a good fight!

Comment

• The Body Shot...
      my favorite knockout punch
      love that one second delay
      after a shot to the liver
      then timberrrrr...!!!

WAR COTTO..!!!!!

Comment

• Margarito TKOed Cotto (admittedly probably by cheating).
        Jennings was a bum.
        Clottey went the distance and arguably won.
        Pacquiao TKOed Cotto.
        Foreman injured his knee.
        Mayorga injured his hand.
        Margarito was TKOed more by the damage Pacquiao did than anything else.

It's been a long time since Cotto stopped someone with his own skill (Jennings aside). He's not KOing Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
          ****** people everywhere up in this thread -__-, here a prime example of the typical oblivious individual. Ignorant of the facts that Bruce Lee was first a real multi division martial arts champion. And won(or better yet survived) countless gang fights... oh yes, for the idiots, he was part of a gang, not your typical crip/blood gang of now, but the traditional chinese school sector gangs or style etc.. His street fights are rather famous, Bruce had many of them (when I practiced in TKD I had many against other pratcitioners of Judo or JKD etc.. just grudges that always happen with people you don't even know) look just read, I ain't gonna relate all his feats and fights. But just so you know a FACT is Bruce was WAY more experienced in martial arts fights than Chuck... and would've killed chuck, chuck just ran the same circuit year after year, bruce ran the circuit but he had more street fights and personal fights.
          only problem with your theory is that the "circuit" (professional world title) that chuck ran "year after year" had competition orders of magnitude greater than people who fight in "gang fights"

Comment

• Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
            You obviously know nothing, Chuck Norris himself said Bruce Lee was the real deal and Bruce taught him things, do your research man, Bruce was so feared the Chinese society sent 3 of their best fighters to Bruce Lees martial arts school because they didn't want him to teach americans and he beat them all in 3 minutes..If that doesn't tell you something I'm done talking...
            uhh yeah...that didn't happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
              lol, atleast you got one thing right, the adrenaline and rage during a street fight which is why i always found it funny people think a boxer would fight like he would in the ring on the streets, although im sure there is the occassion you're just pissing the "other" guy off

what would put the boxer over the average street fighter(let alone person) is the sheer strenght and conditioning, you'll get wrecked

you're pretending bruce lee wasn't a fitness freak with the work ethic near or on level with the top elite athletic

a bum is usually not in the greatest of shape
              if you think strength and conditioning are the only advantages a boxer has in a street fight you are insane. a pro boxer would knock someone out with a punch in a street fight...from boxing skill

Comment

• Originally posted by ajohnz View Post
                uhh yeah...that didn't happen...
                chuck norris is not worthy to be mentioned along the same sentence as the great bruce lee

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
                  chuck norris is not worthy to be mentioned along the same sentence as the great bruce lee
                  one guy wins professional title 6 years in a row and one guy dominates street fights and average martial artists...i'm pretty sure the former might at least deserve a same sentence mentioning...

Comment

• The legend of bruce lee has been exaggerated through the years. Theres not even footage of the man in a real fight. Only second hand accounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajohnz View Post
                      one guy wins professional title 6 years in a row and one guy dominates street fights and average martial artists...i'm pretty sure the former might at least deserve a same sentence mentioning...
                      Physical feats
                      Lee's phenomenal fitness allowed him to perform numerous exceptional physical feats:[82][83]
                      Lee's speed in terms of reacting + punching from a distance of three feet away was determined to be around five hundredths of a second (0.05 second); from five feet away it was around eight hundredths of a second (0.08 second).[84][85][86]
                      Lee could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for several seconds.[87]
                      In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.[88]
                      Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger.[83][89]
                      Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.[90]
                      Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.[83]
                      Lee held an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer

can norris do that?

Comment

Working...
                      X