Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The let down would have been Mayweather-Canelo. Again Mayweather-Canelo could have very well been the better fight for all I know but Canelo needs to fuckin' prove it and fight someone. Fight Lara, Kirkland, someone good...

So even though it ain't the greatest fight I'm extremely satisfied, I really didn't want to see Mayweather-Canelo. I hope Canelo tests himself against a top dangerous opponent, that way we can at least get some public demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Canelo would destroy Cotto, but I hope Cotto beats Mayweather. Enough with the cherrypicking.

Donaire is another cherrypicker who needs to get knocked out by WV2.

If Pac doesn't fight Bradley next, he needs to get knocked out as well.
      If you hate cherrypickers then you should DESPISE Alvarez...

Step up your game hypocrite...

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
        I wasnt talking about the Oscar fight, I was talking about the Tito fight but I was one pound off. He was 157. People do it for speed, espically when they think they are the stronger guy no matter what
        1lbs out is acceptable, it happens you can cut too much.

That why I said if Cotto comes in bellow 153lbs.

It is plainly obvious he will be more than 154lbs in the ring. So why cut, skip breakfast don't take on fluids before the weigh in, doesn't help you, it hinders you.

Time will tell whether it is or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          It may be a 154lbs it may not, come May 4th we will find out.
          The contracted weight is 154 for Cottos WBA 154 title , your mixing up Floyd and Pac , it was Pac that ducked Cotto at this weight and it was Pac that wanted a CW enforced just like he enforced on Ctto last time ,,, unlike your fraud hero , Floyd dont need to drain fighters to win .

Comment

• Its only 4 pounds. May in that interview said I walk around at 150. Which is what he weighed on fight night against Ortiz

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              And in 2010 he fought the black mexican. Coincidence? I think not.

Way too coincidental.

Definitely planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by laudium View Post
                Floyd Stops Cotto inside 8 rounds. Bid Deal Floyd, go to jail and hope your defense is tight in jail - Bubba will be waiting for you. Then again, ***** wont mind getting it in jail - LOL
                I love how Floyd's haters love to admit to his skills. How an you hate on a guy that you agree is too skilled for most of his opposition? Guys like you really neeed to get the **** out of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  Cotto from 5 years ago would have been a real fight, at 140lb maybe.

This version of Cotto will not do well.

It's nothing against Cotto, like him but Mayweather is the best fighter on the planet.
                  I'm certainly not arguing it being a winnable fight for Cotto.

I'm just saying, as diehard boxing fans, we're all gonna get excited about it sooner or later. I think it was the best opponent of the available options so I'm gonna let myself get wrapped up in the event and hope against hope that Cotto pulls out a miracle.

Comment

• Jan 7th Floyd "I don't fight leftovers"

The man at 154 martinez is still waiting for you floyd while you fight pacs beaten down left overs

Pac left cotto a bloodied mess, Pac has finished him, if you want to cherry pick a 154 fighter, then try fighting the best

after all, if you're the best, then fight the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      I asked a question, but all the Cotto-Mayweather threads/posts got scrambled.

Anyway, does anyone know why the Mayweather - Cotto fight was made with Arum as Cotto's promoter, but they couldn't make it with Pac even though the following demands were met:

Supposed agreement with OST
                      Pac accepted a less than 50/50 monetary split

Why were they able to make this fight so easy, but not the other; I thought the 2 sides couldn't work together?
                      Cotto's a free agent now I thought? His contract ran out with Top Rank. I don't know if he resigned, but I find it hard to believe he did if this fight happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X