No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    I think Cotto/Margarito II will be remembered as the best overall 24/7 series. In its condensed two episode format, they were able to put strictly memorable stuff in there instead of grasping for four issues worth of boring material.
    Hatton/Mayweather 24/7 will always be the number one 24/7. The material was still new on Mayweather and the contrasting styles made it a great watch. That really isn't debatable. What HBO should do is go back to a countdown thing. Cut it down to two episodes.

Comment

• I liked Pedro Diaz' insight. It was the best part of the episode. The Mayweather side is particularly boring as we have seen it all before numerous times. Cotto's side for the most part is boring too. Besides seeing him train for 2 minutes its just focused on his humble life, and while it is interesting, its been seen many times before as well, which makes it boring. The whole episode was terrible IMO, but I will watch from start finish because I'm a fan. I just wished they would focus more on strategy and training methods. Its true that they mostly concentrate on trying to sell the fight to mainstream and casual fans rather than hardcore fans. But I have to admit, it is wise for business, because they know that no matter what, the hardcore fans are going to watch. Its the casual fan they have to appeal to, so they focus on selling the fighters' personal lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
        I liked Pedro Diaz' insight. It was the best part of the episode. The Mayweather side is particularly boring as we have seen it all before numerous times. Cotto's side for the most part is boring too. Besides seeing him train for 2 minutes its just focused on his humble life, and while it is interesting, its been seen many times before as well, which makes it boring. The whole episode was terrible IMO, but I will watch from start finish because I'm a fan. I just wished they would focus more on strategy and training methods. Its true that they mostly concentrate on trying to sell the fight to mainstream and casual fans rather than hardcore fans. But I have to admit, it is wise for business, because they know that no matter what, the hardcore fans are going to watch. Its the casual fan they have to appeal to, so they focus on selling the fighters' personal lives.
        Floyd's the most interesting when he's talking his usual s**t. He did big tim with Oscar, Hatton, and Mosley, which is why those were the best 24/7's of his. He did as well a lot with Ortiz, which made that 24/7 pretty good. But, they dragged Ortiz' backstory on for far too long, which dragged the 24/7 down a bit. He didn't really talk s**t on Marquez all that much, a 24/7 that was ehhhh. And he hasn't talked all that much s**t on Cotto, which is why this is an ehhhhh 24/7. Aside from his line about PETA and trashing Cotto's "loyalty", Floyd hasn't talked much s**t.

Comment

• Simple Cotto a family man doing a job to take care
          of his kids future...
          Pedro Diaz juts a very knowledgeable man...

Floyd still living the fast Life
          all about him
          and nothing but him...

I'm enjoying them...
          typical Puerto Rican family
          same way my family hangs out...

Comment

• anyone know what the music is that kicks in at 11 mins in in episode two?

Comment

• 1st Episode was better than the 2nd by far.

LOL @ Floyd with Easter bunny / egg comment. Jesus Christ how old are we? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I can't say I even remember one thing about it.
                "Invincible men only exist in the movies"
                -Pedro Diaz

He's the only one I find interesting in 24/7

Comment

• Pretty boy talks **** and acts like a **** when hes really not that bad and tries so hard to hide his *******ual relationship with 50. even having a plastic beard.
                  Itl come out in years to come that he was a closet gay.

Cotto seems normal, having a laugh with his family, pissing about with his best friend

Comment

• i treat 24/7 as it is a soap a mentary.

would prefer though 2 eps for main event and one for undercard then final as a round up weigh in etc includes all fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      Pedro Diaz is the best Person this 24/7... they should have done it like the first one
                      I agree with this too. I really like Diaz.

Comment

Working...
                      X