Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto expects to make atleast $30 million for Mayweather bout

Cotto expecting $30 million purse
    By Rey Colón -The Sport Press

Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs), who will defend his WBA 154-pound belt on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25 KOs), will receive the best purse of his life with a 65/35 split of the pay-per-view. Cotto, who until December 31 was tied to Top Rank, traveled to Las Vegas a few weeks ago to hear the offer of Bob Arum before making a decision that was revealed on Wednesday by Mayweather Jr. to NSAC commissioners when he was approved for a 2012 boxing license.

The Sport Press revealed on December 13 that negotiations for the fight were moving forward during the WBC Convention in Las Vegas. The contract itself has not been signed but details are expected to be finalized in about two weeks. Golden Boy Promotions will be the lead promoter along with Mayweather Jr. and Cotto.

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/cott...n-purse-107280

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      so a lefty and an old slowed down guy?

really?

Ishe Smith
      Brad Soloman
      Vernon Paris
      Mosley can emulate Floyd's style I seen how he did in the 24/7 ODLH vs Floyd in 2006. Sure Mosley has slowed down some but he is still faster then most and is a quality sparring partner....LEFTY

Comment

• mayweather said he wasnt going to run from ortiz or mosley and he didnt so ill believe him when he says he wont run from cotto i think cotto is a good opponent stylistically for floyd even though pac fought him at a catchweight of 145 i can agree that pacquiaos win over cotto will probably be better than mayweathers.

Comment

• Great for Miguel!

WAR COTTO!

Comment

• Nah, he'll fight Canelo after losing to Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
              Battle torn and 4yr later, if u wanna count this as a legit fight then I guess so lol..
              obviously its not a fight we would prefer to see, yes it should of happend in 08 but that doesnt mean its not a legit fight mayweathers been in the ring more times than cotto has and its not like they both havent aged

Comment

• Why would he retire? No shame in losing to the best fighter in the world, even though with 30 million in the bank after this, it'll be hard to get up for tougher, smaller fights with Kirkland, Trout, etc.

Comment

• holy ****, nice payday for Cotto. Manny needs to be his own boss.

Comment

• my math is fuzzy. how will he make $30 million from a 65/35 split?

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      Who would you pick to spar in preparation for Floyd?
                      find someone who pot shots,
                      runs around the ring,
                      hasnt fought a lot in the past 5 years,
                      and ducks big name fights.
                      find that guy and they got the man they need for the job!

Comment

Working...
                      X