No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
    What did you guys think about it? Anything cool you noticed you liked, or things that bugged you?

I liked the first episode better overall, but this one was pretty good too. It showed almost no training and boxing but focused on more of their lives outside the ring.

I really liked the end where Floyd was talking about who he would have to take with him if he were to go to war, got me pumped (and he said he would take his father because he has a kill or be killed attitude just like himself, mad respect.)

Another thing I would like to know about how you guys feel is when Floyd was talking in his "Speaking Out" show about how commentators (like Merchant) are boxing experts calling fights for HBO but have no actual boxing experience (never fought or trained for boxing). I agree with him that in order to have true insight into a sport (not just boxing) you need to have competed. Sure Merchant has watched boxers for 50 years but he has never fought and when this is the case you miss a lot of subtleties and things going on that they can never understand. What do you guys think about this?

It was also funny how he dissed Cotto's "team loyalty" notion by saying how real loyalty is what he and roger have - no contract, been going for 16 years and from the heart. This was actually a good diss that was logical (rare from Floyd lol).
    I think that, but not whole heartily. True you can really understand the true inter workings of the sport unless you've competed in it, but these guys are the outside eyes who've dedicated a crap ton of time watching fights. So they'll be able to call out some things other people wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Mayweather looks more comfortable with Mr.Jackson than Ms.Jackson...
      She seems kind of emotionless and monotone. An odd coupling to Floyd's flamboyancy.... w/e though, she's hot

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Cotto has been acting really suspect lately.

-Kissing grown men in the lips
        -Sleeping with men in the same bed
        -Crying and being overemotional

His kid is gay as **** too

Comment

They should stop making 24/7. The show has really run its course. Just the same boring repetitive **** with the same boring fighters. It peaked with Hatton-Mayweather.

Unless they focus on fresh fighters. I would like to see Chisora-Haye 24/7 or something.
          Did you watch the first episode? The first one was very good.

Comment

They should stop making 24/7. The show has really run its course. Just the same boring repetitive **** with the same boring fighters. It peaked with Hatton-Mayweather.

Unless they focus on fresh fighters. I would like to see Chisora-Haye 24/7 or something.
            I think Cotto/Margarito II will be remembered as the best overall 24/7 series. In its condensed two episode format, they were able to put strictly memorable stuff in there instead of grasping for four issues worth of boring material.

There is no hook to this fight, especially when you have two boring personalities. This 24/7 in 08 though would have been epic. I think to enhance/salvage this series, they should strictly focus on say Pedro and perhaps gameplans, his history with the Cuban nationals, how he prepares fighters and yada yada yada.

Having the Mayweathers is to me the worst aspect. Roger offers no insight other than "X knows nothing about boxing" and that "Floyd will whip X"

Floyd Sr has the only remotely interesting personality, but he's not training, therefore irrelevant.

I would like to see like 24/7s of like BAD/WCB fights. In two episode formats, one for the Undercards and one for the ME, that way we get more insight. That can help the series

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
              Did you watch the first episode? The first one was very good.
              I can't say I even remember one thing about it.

Comment

• The 1st episode was good, the 2nd was alright I guess.

The Speaking Out was really great though. I liked Floyd talking about his unbringing. We have so many people on here who act like Floyd was some rich kid from a nice neighborhood, and living the good life because his dad and uncle were boxers. His dad was done with boxing, was a drug dealer, sold his mom drugs at times. Lived 7 deep like he said in an apartment with no heat or lights at times. He's from the wrong side of Grand Rapids, Southeast Grand Rapids I think, which is Grand Rapids rough area. People need to stop acting like Floyd had some great unbringing, licing the good life, and got everything handed to him or something, that's just crazy.

This 24/7 isn't that great though. Mainly because Cotto's boring as hell. All we've seen from his side of the 24/7 is his wife's big ****, his dogs, and that he sleeps in the same bed with his friend. His trainer is the only remotely interesting thing about his 24/7.

Mayweather-Hatton was hands the greatest 24/7 of all-time. Mayweather-De La Hoya and Mayweather-Msoley were really good as well. Mayweather-Ortiz was solid, had some good parts in it, just go too focused on Victor's backstory all the damn time. Mayweather-Marquez and Mayweather-Cotto are ehhhhh though, aside from a few lines from Floyd.
                Last edited by 4Corners; 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I can't say I even remember one thing about it.
                  Neither do I. There wasn't anything special, it was just a very solid episode. I don't really care about 24/7's and won't really defend them, it isn't for this fanbase(people that actually use the net for boxing info), but they wouldn't be making them if they weren't helping ppvs out.

Comment

• Pedro Diaz is the only person keeping this 24/7 interesting. I would love to see more of his insights in regards to his training methods-programs-conditioning etc..making athletes to into Olympic/pro champions.

Comment

• Is good to see Pedro Diaz insight on this fight and how he prepares a fighter. The guy CLEARLY knows what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X