Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say Ortiz was a bit quicker than Cotto, Mosley had faster hands even at that stage, and Hatton had really quick underrated feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      You Forgot
      And
      Strongest...
      Mosleys power> Cottos power

Comment

• The TS and some others in this thread are making a huge, huge, huge mistake. 1st off I dont think Cotto is the fastest since Zab but even if he were, its still way slower than Floyd. Even if his timing is good, its still not better than Floyd's.

You guys sound like Manny Steward at the begining of the Pac fight. Talking non stop about Cotto's speed and how he's the fastest he's fought. Then literally like 1 round later all you saw was Pac blistering Cotto with speed and making him look like he was in quick sand to the point where Steward quickly back peddles like always.

The fact is that even if Cotto is the fastest, he's still worlds slower than Floyd. I know what the TS means because I too have said that about other guys. I forget who but I mightve said that Floyd is going to seem crazy fast to Shane because Shane hasnt been fighting fast guys. I think I mightve said the same if Floyd had fought Pac.

The difference is that Floyd really is fast and Cotto isnt. Floyd is a better all around fighter and thats why he will win but the speed will play a huge factor. By round 4 Cotto will probably be gun shy just like he was against Pac. He will be mentally beaten halfway through round 5 because of it.

Just like Reed said, even if Cotto made it a tough fight, it will have nothing to do with Cotto's speed or Floyd being a lil shocked by it. He wont. He will have a huge advantage in that department and Cotto will be shocked by it. You can argue that Cotto wont be shocked because he fought Pac but so what. He got blistered by Pac. Thats the point. Just because he's mesmorizing with the hands against guys like Margarito doesnt mean he's fast.

Infact, thats the worst thing for him. Its the same thing I said when Floyd fought Shane. When you go from fighting Margarito to fighting Mayweather, its going to be a shock to your system when it comes to everything, e****ally the speed.

Its going to schock Cotto, not the other way around. The TS shouldve made this thread in reverse. Going from fighting a mummy to one of the fastest guys in the sport is a bad bad bad move if you arent a speed demon yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
          Dont count an old Mosley, Cotto is the quickest for Floyd since 2006.. I cant freakin wait for this fight..
          Wait the same guy who was getting hit by Margarito over and over is the fastest guy Mayweather has fought since Judah.

Comment

Dont count an old Mosley, Cotto is the quickest for Floyd since 2006.. I cant freakin wait for this fight..
            There is no argument, Cotto was quicker than Mosley when they fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Mosleys power> Cottos power
              Cotto's overall strength >> Mosley's overall strength

Mosley's one-punch power is better, but Cotto's heavier handed and thuds his shots, causing long term damage..

Just explaining the difference, not giving Cotto much of a shot in this fight for obvious reasons..

Comment

• I don't know about Cotto being the quickest since Judah, I do know his quickness will not bother Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  You Forgot
                  And
                  Strongest...
                  what?!

Comment

• He's probably one of the slowest fighters he's fought since Judah.

Comment

Cotto is not faster than Oscar..

Hatton WAS also faster than Cotto...

Comment

Working...
                      X