Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Yeah...

Anyways back to the reality of Cotto getting his plucked eyebrows boxed off.
    So you really give Cotto zero chance to defeat Floyd, unless of course Floyd has finally slipped which will be determined how? Post fight analysis, pre fight pictures of him taking Geritol? Come on Reed, I agree Cotto is a big underdog but he certainly has much better than no chance. I guess time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      Short collection of Mayweather's right hand counter over the left jab.

I find it hard to believe that Miguel will have any legitimate success with his jab
      that's called the step and fetch dummy. and it only works with lazy jabs. the only fighter he ever fought with a good jab was de la hoya. but cotto is still getting ****d.

Comment

• Of course he does. He knows this is basically his last chance at one of these mega fights, and he knows that a win like this would be able to propel him into the ranks of the greatest fighters to come out of Puerto Rico because for all that he has accomplished he's still not quite on the level of a Trinidad or a Gomez so he'll be very motivated.

He's also very well schooled and skilled with good timing. Plus I think Mayweather is slowing down a little bit. His feet don't look as quick as they used to be and I think he got hit a bit more against Ortiz so of course Cotto has a chance.

And I don't think Mayweather will be able to get into Cotto's head like he's been able to do to a lot of his opponents in the past. Which also explains Mayweather's lack of trash talking so far.

Comment

• still gonna be hella fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Not really, and Cottos Jab is ok, its not one of the best in boxing. Its decent.

Whats laughable was your post. Mayweathers jab is faster than Cottos by a mile. I posted another video in this thread that shows the shorter manny with the shorter reach out timing Cottos Jab and Manny doesnt even have an authoritative Jab. Also those guys in that video were young just as Mayweather was at their original weight classes. Cotto is older, slower and is in his 3rd weight class. You are telling me he has the speed to out jab Mayweather? Not even Oscar De La Hoya who is taller, stronger, longer reach and smarter boxer than Cotto will ever be was able to outland Mayweather and his jab is far better than Cottos.
            Buahahahahahaha! LMAOL!

Young???

Gatti, Marquez, Mosley? You got to be kidding me.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              If you agree that he's not as agile, explain how his Pull Counter has become better than the ones on the video through his experience?
              Because of his ring experience and IQ, on top of that he still has got reflexes better than most of the fighters.

Comment

• I heard that cotto has resorted to santeria, he is going to put a spell on floyd to make him crap his pants in the middle of the ring, true story...

Comment

• we have yo uunderstand something here folks--floyd isn't at 130 135 and 140 lbs anymore and he's older but he throws the counter right over the jab harder now at higher weights---he stands on his back foot(toe) but when he throws it, he goes back down on his flat foot which makes it a harder shot---it makes mosley weary of throwing his jab---cotto throws a better jab but his reach is not like oscar's--but his timing is better---i expect floyd to weigh in about 148-150 at the most against cotto to keep his speed--i expect cotto to come in smaller also--it's like a jmm and manny 3 deal---i see floyd landing pull counters early on cotto---and by round 4--cotto will be nervous to throw his jab too much from the point in---he will have to throw double jabs at floyd and time them perfectly--i don't see it happening at all but we'll see---

also, expect counter body shots by floyd and sneaky shots like manny threw at cotto----uppercuts land on cotto---i see those also---

basically, cotto is in for a long night---en route to a stoppage by round 10---

Comment

• yea that will make his jab null invoid

Comment

• of course he has a chance---of going the distance---but i don't see that happening---floyd is not going to turn into roy jones jr at 35 years of age---reed--don't even think that-lol-i told you years ago that floyd is like the hopkins type of fighter---he sticks to the fundamentals which is why he can still dominate even in older age--this is the start of what i predicted years ago about floyd's age---don't pull that **** reed-lol-----

Comment

Working...
                      X