No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
    Cotto will find this fight easier in terms of styles. Let me tell yu one thing, for a guy like Cotto that has fought Pacquiao, Clottey and Margarito.. He will find Mayweather too easy and Cotto might feel too comfortable in the ring and imposing his style. And remember one thing, Cotto can box very well. I think Cotto wins by UD

dude, for real?

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      dude, for real?

forgive him Mak, for he knows not what he does!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Cotto is not bigger, or longer than Floyd. His jab is good. But Cotto isn't disiplined enough to sustain the jab. The Cotto that applied relentless body pressure at 140 would have stood a better chance than this Cotto.

Floyd has an eerie way of making opponents stray from conventional wisdom, get deperate & sling wide looping hailmarries at a playing shoulder & no target.
        If a fighter had any sense, they would stay to his body & beat away at his shoulders & hipbone. Cotto as heavy hands, he would make a dent, but Floyd will make him headhunt like a fool.
        Oh please, Cotto at 140 wasn't nearly as good. He was green. He almost lost to Torres, Corley and struggled with Malignaggi. Not to mention his chin was absolute **** at that weight as ewll.

'Nuff said.

Floyd KO's Cotto within 8 rounds at 140 (2005).

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          Oh please, Cotto at 140 wasn't nearly as good. He was green. He almost lost to Torres, Corley and struggled with Malignaggi. Not to mention his chin was absolute **** at that weight as ewll.

'Nuff said.
          Yeah i never really understand why they think the Cotto who was getting tagged by Torres could compete with the Mayweather that obliterated Gatti.

Cotto was much too young at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by noekin3 View Post
            Yeah but it was beautifull nevertheless. Love that fight. One of the best of Pacman.
            I agree

Cottos jab was only working in the Pac fight the first 2 rounds because Pac allowed him to land it. Once Pac picked up the pace, Cottos jab was ghost.

Comment

• Im for real..

Comment

• If this fight was scheduled for 5 rounds, Cotto wins a UD or SD Obviously it aint, and like Mayweahter said in one of his interviews - he said he always when a fighter is happy to do well with him early, what about the rest of the fight.

Cotto will bring his best early, and it will be all action for the first 5 with Cotto stealing the judges for 3-4 of thouse 5 rounds. Mayweather will figure out Cotto, and from rd 8 through 12, it will be all Floyd with some minor excitement for Cotto fans. Ultimately, Cotto may get stopped the way De La Hoya was topped by Pacquaio, especially if Mayweather tags him with 8oz gloves. Mayweather has not been known for his power, but ask Shane MOsley and OScar why did they stop pushing the attack - because they were afraid of the power in those counter right hands. Floyd wins this one easly - UD or late stoppage, although I like Miguel as a person better and wish him well.
                Last edited by Shona Boy; 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling and clear up points

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  he wont have to reach that far for floyd who is now failry lazy with his legs
                  Lazy is a bad word to use IMO. Id say "content" or "confident" How can someone who runs 10 miles a day and is still in tip top shape be lazy?

If I'm Mayweather and I know my opponent can't match my skill or speed or penetrate my defense, why do I need to use my legs?

Cotto back peddles more than Mayweather does.

Comment

• Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                    Im for real..
                    "He will find Mayweather too easy and Cotto might feel too comfortable in the ring and imposing his style. And remember one thing, Cotto can box very well. I think Cotto wins by UD"

Please break down the fighters attributes and explain your original statement. It sounds more humorous than anything to be honest.

Cotto is 1 dimensional man. A good 1 dimensional but nevertheless.....1 dimensional.

Once mayweather nullifies his left hand (Cottos primary weapon) the fight is done.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
                      If this fight was scheduled for 5 rounds, Cotto wins a UD or SD Obviously it aint, and like Mayweahter said in one of his interviews - he said he always when a fighter is happy to do well with him early, what about the rest of the fight.

Cotto will bring his best early, and it will be all action for the first 5 with Cotto stealing the judges for 3-4 of thouse 5 rounds. Mayweather will figure out Cotto, and from rd 8 through 12, it will be all Floyd with some minor excitement for Cotto fans. Ultimately, Cotto may get stopped the way De La Hoya was topped by Pacquaio, especially if Mayweather tags him with 8oz gloves. Mayweather has not been known for his power, but ask Shane MOsley and OScar why did they stop pushing the attack - because they were afraid of the power in those counter right hands. Floyd wins this one easly - UD or late stoppage, although I like Miguel as a person better and wish him well.

i like how you actually gave a reason for your edit...green K

Comment

Working...
                      X