No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
    If Oldsley was able to land a lucky punch that buckled him Cotto can land a combination that would KO him. It's not like Mayweather is in his prime, he's still a great fighter but he no longer can rely on his legs to move around all fight long.
    Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
    No TS, it's the fact that besides his natural ability, he has a great trainer again and his confidence back. Boxing, people who have laced em up before know, is at least a 75% mental game. They also know what two pounds does to a dude who's skinny as **** already. Cotto has a perfect combination of all the tools now, mental and physical, besides his wars. I remember videos of interviews when he was still plowing through 140, Arum was touting him as better than DLH and Mayweather. Look at his methodical, patient style. He'll jump in and out with combos and has always been able to fight on the back-foot, since the Ceballos days. People think he's running - please. And so what does Floyd do? What did he do vs DLH? Cotto been saying Mayweather is good but he's better, always knew he could beat Floyd. They were been supposed to fight. Now Cotto will get it in.

It only helps that Floyd doesn't run as much as before. And the people in the sport saying Cotto can/may win know this. Cotto has a great combination of timing and speed without being the fastest and we all know he has a stronger jab. SO he sets up his combos with that stiffer jab. His ability to go southpaw is going to come into play too. Cotto has a good defense and is durable. And you absolutely cannot in any fight count on your opponent gassing out, what if he doesn't? What if his punches slow you down? Fact is Floyd will be getting hit and he misses a lot of punches sometimes - Losing round 2 vs Ortiz is one recent example. And that dude has a pretty crap defense. This strong Champ version of Cotto at 154 has been TKO'ing practical Middleweights, he already little for this weight. With P.L.D. he's going to bring a great strategy. Cotto can take a punch, plus hits a lot harder. His inside fighting will unleash some good connections. Foreman was a runner with good defense and Cotto got through. Clottey has a crazy shell and Cotto won all his rounds using that jab easy until the eye didn't let him see right hands. And he still ate those, LOL. Won't be easy but it's a TKO victory for Miguel all the way.

Cotto can cut off the ring if need be and will answer any combination Floyd throws with a harder punch. As long as you're not a huge ****er for the weight like Mayorga or Margarito, it's going to make you back up and reset when Cotto lands in those exchanges, like vs Mosley. Critics talk but Floyd was given a gift vs Castillo, DLH could have been called a draw too, there were mad close rounds. Floyd was moving back, landing non-meaningful punches almost the whole fight. Cotto fought an awesome fight vs an active Mosley and truly out-boxed him in a close but clear win. May 5th that 0 will go. I can't wait for the excuses!!!
    oh god......

Comment

• cotto's been shot since 2008....oh i'm sorry i was reading the ***** script from 2009, 2010, 2011, and right up until the floyd/cotto fight was signed.

oh here we go i just got the new script. cotto is better at 154 because he's not weight drained. not bad not bad. kudos to the ***** script writer mastermind.

Comment

• Im thinkin cotto is gonna fight an decent ammount of time at his natural southpaw stance in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          well floyd is 100 times the fighter shane is thats why
          Is he 1x the offensive force that is Pacquiao? Because if he isn't half that, he isn't putting a dent in Cotto.

That's the real issue here, Pac hit Cotto with a myriad of shots from angles he'd never seen before, and still he lasted 12 rounds. You think May can do the same?

I call that fanboy hubris. Mayweather IS NOT the POWERFUL VOLUME PUNCHER that is Cotto's kriptonite. It's as simple as that.

This fight will be a UD favored to Floyd, but Cotto will make it a scrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
            No TS, it's the fact that besides his natural ability, he has a great trainer again and his confidence back. Boxing, people who have laced em up before know, is at least a 75% mental game. They also know what two pounds does to a dude who's skinny as **** already. Cotto has a perfect combination of all the tools now, mental and physical, besides his wars. I remember videos of interviews when he was still plowing through 140, Arum was touting him as better than DLH and Mayweather. Look at his methodical, patient style. He'll jump in and out with combos and has always been able to fight on the back-foot, since the Ceballos days. People think he's running - please. And so what does Floyd do? What did he do vs DLH? Cotto been saying Mayweather is good but he's better, always knew he could beat Floyd. They were been supposed to fight. Now Cotto will get it in.

It only helps that Floyd doesn't run as much as before. And the people in the sport saying Cotto can/may win know this. Cotto has a great combination of timing and speed without being the fastest and we all know he has a stronger jab. SO he sets up his combos with that stiffer jab. His ability to go southpaw is going to come into play too. Cotto has a good defense and is durable. And you absolutely cannot in any fight count on your opponent gassing out, what if he doesn't? What if his punches slow you down? Fact is Floyd will be getting hit and he misses a lot of punches sometimes - Losing round 2 vs Ortiz is one recent example. And that dude has a pretty crap defense. This strong Champ version of Cotto at 154 has been TKO'ing practical Middleweights, he already little for this weight. With P.L.D. he's going to bring a great strategy. Cotto can take a punch, plus hits a lot harder. His inside fighting will unleash some good connections. Foreman was a runner with good defense and Cotto got through. Clottey has a crazy shell and Cotto won all his rounds using that jab easy until the eye didn't let him see right hands. And he still ate those, LOL. Won't be easy but it's a TKO victory for Miguel all the way.

Cotto can cut off the ring if need be and will answer any combination Floyd throws with a harder punch. As long as you're not a huge ****er for the weight like Mayorga or Margarito, it's going to make you back up and reset when Cotto lands in those exchanges, like vs Mosley. Critics talk but Floyd was given a gift vs Castillo, DLH could have been called a draw too, there were mad close rounds. Floyd was moving back, landing non-meaningful punches almost the whole fight. Cotto fought an awesome fight vs an active Mosley and truly out-boxed him in a close but clear win. May 5th that 0 will go. I can't wait for the excuses!!!

You willing to bet the rest of the points you get by May 5th on that BS you talking? For the record I didn't read all of that!
            Last edited by tredh; 03-07-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
              i actually scored that fight for shane but it could have gone either way but Shane had Cotto on his bike so No. Cotto didnt "handle it just fine" u
              Well that puts you in the minority. And cotto never got on his bike in that fight. He did take a couple rounds off, but came back strong during the championship rounds. If anybody got on their bike it was mosley when he noticed that he wasnt gonna hurt cotto. He started bouncing around more and didnt want to exchange as much.

Yes, cotto did handle shane just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                Personally I think Floyd takes no risks and its a wash out. That said is that the attraction to this fight? That Cotto might actually hurt him and make a fight out of it?? That Floyd maybe has lost a step or makes a momentary uncharacteristic error and gets caught and that Cotto still has enough to catch him? That we see the best of Cotto and that that's enough?

It happens sometimes. Is it a fight about a song and a prayer?
                Wow, cool, another thread that I have to merge. Thanks for your valuable opinion though.

Comment

• Originally posted by led

Please delete this if this was posted already.
                  Did Floyd say Oscar weighed 167 lbs or 160 something? I seem to remember Oscar saying Hopkins came in at 175 lbs so he was out muscled.
                  Last edited by Devils Advocate; 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM. Reason: BC

Comment

• Someone should of asked why he didn't "Chop up Marquez" with 8 oz gloves

Comment

• Wait..... Mayweather supposed to be afraid of getting hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X