No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    Yeah, but Cotto is not tough like Ortiz. I'm very sure we will not see Floyd up against the ropes at all in this fight.
    cotto will pressure and at times have him against the ropes not as much as ortiz did but he is smarter then him and more experienced, would be great if he dropped floyd like mosley nearly did

Comment

• You guys are misunderstanding me.

I'm saying IF floyd throws out his conventional style to prove a point against cotto.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-03-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• To be fair to Floyd, he's fought on the front foot in his last few fights. He pushed Mosley around, he stood his ground in most of the Ortiz fight and I believe he'll do that again.

Floyd is indeed a defensive fighter first, but he is much more than capable when it comes to pressing the action and landing punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
          You guys are misunderstanding me.

I'm saying IF floyd throws out his conventional style to prove a point against cotto.
          He did that very same thing against Mosley. He's been much more aggressive since his ring return so I doubt that will change now.

Unless father time has caught up to Floyd, I expect his experience at this point to be his sidekick should he decide to remain aggressive against Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            my 3 billion to your 1 Million
            Confirmed.

Comment

• mayweather is gay

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                You guys are misunderstanding me.

I don' think Mayweather will change his style of fighting for anyone, but i do think that just like against Judah, Mosley & Ortiz: If it's to his advantage to stand his ground and push them back he will do it.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                To be fair to Floyd, he's fought on the front foot in his last few fights. He pushed Mosley around, he stood his ground in most of the Ortiz fight and I believe he'll do that again.

Floyd is indeed a defensive fighter first, but he is much more than capable when it comes to pressing the action and landing punches.
                Very true, like i said, if he sees an advantage to it, he will stand his ground, and Cotto can be more easly pressured then outboxed IMHO.
                Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Since when does "being aggressive" mean he wants to brawl punch for punch?

Do you follow Mayweather fights? And actaully listen to what he says?

When Mayweather say's "I'm going to be aggressive" or "I'm coming straight at you" or "I'm going toe to toe" he does NOT mean he's going to brawl with you shot for shot throwing 80+ punchs a round.

He means, he will stand right infront of you. That's it.

He's still going to pick shots, be defensive and look to get off 1, maybe 2 or 3 shots a time. And still very seldom throw combinations.

How do fans of the sport not know this by now?

The man say's he went toe to toe with De La Hoya. He describes that as a "toe to toe" battle.

That alone should confirm to you what he means when he say's things like he's going to be aggressive or go toe to toe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Since when does "being aggressive" mean he wants to brawl punch for punch?

Do you follow Mayweather fights? And actaully listen to what he says?

When Mayweather say's "I'm going to be aggressive" or "I'm coming straight at you" or "I'm going toe to toe" he does NOT mean he's going to brawl with you shot for shot throwing 80+ punchs a round.

He means, he will stand right infront of you. That's it.

He's still going to pick shots, be defensive and look to get off 1, maybe 2 or 3 shots a time. And still very seldom throw combinations.

How do fans of the sport not know this by now?

The man say's he went toe to toe with De La Hoya. He describes that as a "toe to toe" battle.

That alone should confirm to you what he means when he say's things like he's going to be aggressive or go toe to toe.
                    /thread

Comment

• Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                      cotto will pressure and at times have him against the ropes not as much as ortiz did but he is smarter then him and more experienced, would be great if he dropped floyd like mosley nearly did
                      The worse thing to do is follow Floyd to the ropes or the corners...ask Hatton..

Comment

Working...
                      X