No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
    LOL nah man I never thought he was supposed to walk through those guys. I knew he was taking on challenges unlike someone I know and he was actually surprising in his performance vs Cheato for 11 rounds of plaster. He bashed his ass up and pushed him around like a ***** in the rematch, pretty much walking through him. He also impressed me with that one eye he fought Clottey with. He won 6 rounds and the knockdown. Clottey just six rounds. With both eyes Cotto would have gotten hit with WAY LESS punches. And the Mosley -- who walks through Mosley? That was the most surprising and impressive victory of all. I don't tout him as the P4P best or even a GOAT - I simply acknowledge his elite status in this day and age. Maybe after May 5th he will take that crown. He is not simply good to me, I'm sorry.
    if he was as good as u seem to think he is, he should have. no question. ppl have walked thru each and every one of those guys listed, and why did they? because they are simply better than cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      if he was as good as u seem to think he is, he should have. no question. ppl have walked thru each and every one of those guys listed, and why did they? because they are simply better than cotto.
      Nah man, I heard somewhere in the world something crazy like, I don't know... Styles make fights. Even so, I haven't seen Clottey walked through. He was beat by Pacman but he mostly shelled up and every time he swung he caught Pacman flush. Margs was only walked through by Pacman and before that Mosley, who Cotto already beat. And Margs had just got caught cheating, wasn't even mentally in the ring lol. Rematch was shutout as I said before. Styles make fights.

And we can't go comparing resumes because Cotto beat Mosley before May. With the exception of Shane, Cotto got a KO or TKO over every opponent that he shares with Floyd, while Floyd takes a UD. Triangle theories are **** anyway, it's just a point. Cotto has a lot of strength, I doubt he can't take Mays shots and give him something of his own. The wild card is that the something of his own will be enough to hurt May. Anyway, Cotto has to sustain the damage because we all know Floyd is capable of adjusting to trying to potshot his way to a UD.

Comment

• Cotto should train at a high altitude for endurance conditiong, like Margo does. He's going to need every advantage he can get. I like what his new trainer is doing with him, and I'm sure he knows a lot more than most of us posters, but training at a high altitude certainly can't hurt him any.

Since i doubt Floyd can KO him, I assume it will go the full 12 rounds. Cotto will need every bit of stamina he can get fighting Floyd for 12.

Comment

• Oscar may have been better in 07 at 154... but no way in hell was Shane or Ortiz better than Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by hbonnie21 View Post
            cotto may be the 4th lol, shane was only washed up after floyd dominated him lol, before shane looked as dominant as ever. floyd fought oscar at 154 pounds which was a huge risk because floyd had never fought jr middleweight before lol, he is fighting cotto at his best weight
            oscar was washed up to, Valero use to punk Oscars ass when they spared

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
              Cotto should train at a high altitude for endurance conditiong, like Margo does. He's going to need every advantage he can get. I like what his new trainer is doing with him, and I'm sure he knows a lot more than most of us posters, but training at a high altitude certainly can't hurt him any.

Since i doubt Floyd can KO him, I assume it will go the full 12 rounds. Cotto will need every bit of stamina he can get fighting Floyd for 12.
              Training from experience, Florida is horriable! We're like below sea level.. I think the highest point in Florida is like 300 to 400 feet.

Best training I have done was out in Washington State and oddly in Afghanistan. Common sense would tell you that stamina training between 5K (Wash.) and 6K (Afgan.) compared to sea level/below sea level (PCOLA) in Florida was a huge difference.

Would nice to hear that Cotto is training at high elevations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                people complain about pbf and pac resume......

cotto is the very definition of a fighter protected by his promoters.

the toughest fights of his life was against guys his handlers thought was an easy win.

torres. nobody at the time.

margarito. they thought cotto would easily outbox him. setup for a delahoya fight.

mosley. they thought mosley was washed up. he was and still gave cotto a tough fight.

clottey. suppose to be a good win tuneup for cotto.

the only time cotto took a risk actually was fighting pacquiao.

a blown up featherweight.

enough said. cotto is so overrated it's not funny anymore.
                He got a way better mosley, clottey was evaded like a plague everybody who know boxing knew it was a fair fight and Margarito was a beast another fair fight... toss up fights no easy ones...

Comment

• mayweather win by UD

getdomainsforsale.com

Comment

• Sparring partners Cotto could use

I think Broner would be an excellent choice.

Comment

• Broner is like 4'11 lol

Comment

Working...
                      X