Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years later but Cotto/Floyd finally done...

Everyone remember when the entire boxign world was asking for this fight as much or more so than people are asking for Pac /Floyd nowadays? I remember that i was sooo pissed off when Floyd said that Miguel was "too young/inexperienced to fght" but ive gotta take my hat off to Floyd he is finally sacking up and taking a real fight. For everyone that keeps saying Miguel will get schooled i think you're all nuts. Not saying PBF wont get the W but i wouldnt be surprised if this fight goes either way.

Comment

• I think people are looking at this fight as they were with Pac vs Marquez III where Pac was supposed to breeze through Marquez with no problems. For Floyd's sake, I hope he's not looking at this fight as a simple meal ticket before jail. If you look at Floyd's opponents since 2007, how is Cotto not better than all of them as he currently stands with already beating one of the bigger names on Floyd's resume since 2007? And it's at 154? I honestly have no complaints. I think people simply see Floyd still as this 25 yr old dude who was all over the place throwing combos left and right. This is an older Mayweather who is still great, but clearly isn't as dynamic as he used to be. It's a legit fight IMO and if Floyd wins, he gets full credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Naah it is just saying cotto is past his prime and is ready for the picking..

Cotto sadly ain't elite anymore.. And while Floyd is still fresh as a daisy.. Coz Floyd fights once a year and is still undamaged coz of his safety first boring style.while he waits and waits for them to get battle worn then bam! Lets fight Punk!
        Yeah, and you're also saying that Floyd IS elite. The fact of the matter is Floyd is also no longer in his prime anymore. He's 35 years old, bro. I understand that you've dedicated your life on these forums to bashing Mayweather at every turn, but seriously - you can at least admit that you think Mayweather is an unbelievable fighter if you think this is a terrible fight for him to make. There isn't a bigger available fight out there. If there is, tell me, obviously without including Pacquiao.

Comment

• it was actually 4+years later after floyd make comical excuses like he lives too far away, hes not a CEO, and then faked a retirement. imagine if leonard had waited till hearns lost to barkley twice before fighting him. imagine if leonard had waited till duran was fat and lost to pazienza before fighting him. imagine if leonard had waited till hagler got knocked out twice before fighting him. i guess that's what seperates being great and not being so great. but then again floyd is undefeated so he must be better.

as for the actual fight floyd will destroy him and most likely by stoppage. then everyone will say cotto never could have beaten floyd even if he was prime. we've seen this same scenario over and over.

Comment

• Clear as ****ing day it was Arum only a ****in idiot would disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
              Yeah, and you're also saying that Floyd IS elite. The fact of the matter is Floyd is also no longer in his prime anymore. He's 35 years old, bro. I understand that you've dedicated your life on these forums to bashing Mayweather at every turn, but seriously - you can at least admit that you think Mayweather is an unbelievable fighter if you think this is a terrible fight for him to make. There isn't a bigger available fight out there. If there is, tell me, obviously without including Pacquiao.
              I do that is why what matters to me is the super fight. It's only Floyd vs Pac the 2 best fighters or our generation. Rarley happens that 2 boxers are at the top in the same division.

This is our Frazier vs Ali. This is our SRL hagler. Even these guys are telling Floyd to step up.

I'm frustrated seeing Floyd rip us off with a good fight. Floyd is elite but he has no pair of balls to go with his talent.. Sad really.

I just want to see the fight win or lose for pac is fine with me. It's all about legacy. The best should fight the best.

Sadly duckingi s in Floyd's vocabulary.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                you dont have to always compare floyd and pacquiao.

pacquiao made some terrible fights, we know that. yet that has absolutely nothing to do with floyd making a terrible fight now, so theres no reason to bring pacquiaos name up.

i mean if pac hadnt ducked floyd he wouldnt be fighting cotto, but thats about it as far as pacquiaos involvment in this. and tbh floyd could still have picked a much better oponent than cotto even if it wasnt pacquiao.

just a few days ago there was talk of fighting canelo, or one of the biggest high risk low reward fighters in the sport in guerrero. then floyd went from that to the lowest risk highest reward fighter in cotto. damn shame.

Do u really think Guerrero is a high risk fight? And Canelo I will say would have been good but like Floyd said even if he beat the guy he would still get no credit because people were already talking that he is too inexperienced bs

Comment

• When Pacquiao fought Cotto...Cottos last 3 fights...R10 TKO LOSS TO MARGARITO, R5 WIN AGAINST A GUY WHO ISN'T EVEN A TOP 5 WW IN THE UK, SD VERY POOR SHOWING AGAINST CLOTTEY... Fact, Fact and Fact

Floyds fighting Cotto off the back of THREE STOPPAGE VICTORIES AGAINST BIGGER GUYS.

Mannys a real warrior though come on guys, see things for what they TRULY are

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
                    road blocks...

But if you step back and look, you know who has been preventing this fight from happening.

1. At the beginning people thought the fight was almost signed, 50/50 was ok with Mayweather. Everyone thought the fight was on, including Pacquiao, then he throws a curve ball, the OSDT. Pacquiao agrees to 28 day cutoff, Mayweather says 14 days. No fight.

2. Second round of talks, Pacquiao agrees to the 14 days, Mayweather changes his mind, it was ok before but now it's not, why? Again no fight.

3. Pacquiao finally agrees to whatever Mayweather's testing demands are. Mayweather throws another curve ball, 50/50 used to be ok, now it's not, why? Again no fight.

If you look at the common denominator here, someone has been consistently throwing curve balls and road blocks from making this fight. While the other guy keeps making concessions to those demands to try and make the fight.

1.Drug testing
                    2. 40 mill
                    3. May 5.
                    4. Only in las-vegas coz I can use xyclocain
                    5.(next) Floyd to Pac: Lets fight @ 154 punk!
                    6. (next) Gloves
                    7. (next) what panties they should wear.
                    What's next?
                    8. Not allowed to train in the Philippines?
                    9. No booking after fight concerts?
                    10. No Arum?

But you can still step up punk!

You get the picture.. It's all about throw it out there and fighting the best..

LEGACY.. FOREVER ETCHED IN STONE.. ALI WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED FOR THE HEART OF A TRUE CHAMP. ROBINSON AS WELL..

FLOYD = grow some balls.. calculated risk. Not risking for the glory of it all.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 02-03-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Clear as ****ing day it was Arum only a ****in idiot would disagree.
                      If disagreeing with you makes me an idiot then herp a derp durrrr

Comment

Working...
                      X