No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    got no love for the old man but if you make him the sole promoter of the fight he will make it happen in a heartbeat. floyd will not allow it though because he hates arum and he also wants a big piece of the promotional profit that's why he's not willing to have arum control the promotions.

that's the dealbreaker right there...floyd is not satisfied with just the money he earns as a fighter while arum is not happy that he can't make the kind of money that he makes for doing in-house fights.

so the culprit here is not just arum but the animosity between him and floyd as well as their desire to gain more wealth.
    " I agree with your post mostly, but I do believe Floyd wants to kick Pacquiao's ass to cement his legacy. You have to understand Floyd has kids, and having your name dragged through the mud by f@ggots like Mike Wilbum and Skip Baseless on ESPN, creates a trickle down effect. People don't consider these fighters to be human beings, with families just like the rest of the broke mutha****as talkin ****."

The Truck

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Floyd "retired" in Dec 07 after beating Hatton.

He was supposed to come back in September to rematch Oscar but he "retired" again when he found out that Oscar wasn't giving him a 50/50 split....ironic isnt it?
      Not to mention that DLH didn't want to co-promote the rematch with Mayweather Promotions and there was no public interest in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Don't be delusional, it's called road blocks...

But if you step back and look, you know who has been preventing this fight from happening.

1. At the beginning people thought the fight was almost signed, 50/50 was ok with Mayweather. Everyone thought the fight was on, including Pacquiao, then he throws a curve ball, the OSDT. Pacquiao agrees to 28 day cutoff, Mayweather says 14 days. No fight.

2. Second round of talks, Pacquiao agrees to the 14 days, Mayweather changes his mind, it was ok before but now it's not, why? Again no fight.

3. Pacquiao finally agrees to whatever Mayweather's testing demands are. Mayweather throws another curve ball, 50/50 used to be ok, now it's not, why? Again no fight.

If you look at the common denominator here, someone has been consistently throwing curve balls and road blocks from making this fight. While the other guy keeps making concessions to those demands to try and make the fight.

1.Drug testing
        2. 40 mill
        3. May 5.
        4. Only in las-vegas coz I can use xyclocain
        5.(next) Floyd to Pac: Lets fight @ 154 punk!
        6. (next) Gloves
        7. (next) what panties they should wear.

You get the picture..
        Like I said feel how you want and this wasn't what I was talking about really.

The whole point of the matter is Floyd has demands, he has and has had the right to make very lofty demands and if they aren't met he is unwilling to fight. It is what it is, Manny has the same status.

So when talking them it is a bit different but both have been wanting to fight on their terms which is what they are used to getting, if both sides can't be happy and come to accord there will never be a fight, does it suck yes, are both at fault yes but that is the reality.

I don't agree with other stuff also but that wasn't what I was talking about here and we can argue about that at a different time if I feel like getting into those topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Like I said feel how you want and this wasn't what I was talking about really.

The whole point of the matter is Floyd has demands, he has and has had the right to make very lofty demands and if they aren't met he is unwilling to fight. It is what it is, Manny has the same status.

So when talking them it is a bit different but both have been wanting to fight on their terms which is what they are used to getting, if both sides can't be happy and come to accord there will never be a fight, does it suck yes, are both at fault yes but that is the reality.

I don't agree with other stuff also but that wasn't what I was talking about here and we can argue about that at a different time if I feel like getting into those topics.
          It becomes a road block when 2 parties are not compromising to create a deal.

It can't be one sided negotiations.

Pac agreed to almost everything including the kitchen sink..

pac's offer was fair their both equals in PPV and star quality more so Pac for his global presence and prestige.

He even is ranked higher for top athletes of america. Pac is ranked 28 while Floyd is 48 and that is only in Usa Globally he is the most searched boxer on the net. Hasd more accolades etc etc..

50/50 is the fair shake. I call as I see it. Floyd is the greedy one. Pac just wants a fair shake. Just call it as I see it..

The newest one was 55/45 ppv the winner get 55 and still Floyd didn't accept it. Come on man are you blind.. Who fears who here, its clear as day..

Floyd accepting a cheaper pay day just shows he would rather fight cotto than have a possibility of losing to pac. He doesn't care if he gets less pay day as long as pac is away.. Clear as day.. Don't be blinded by hate. It's called fairness..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Relative to fighting Oscar ~

He would not have been anywhere near as well paid ~

Its simply ridiculous ~

To even suggest he'd entertain any realistic offer to fight Cotto ~

But keep telling everyone they're living in a fantasy land ~

Its painfully ironic ~

Im out ~

You can have the last ~
            Different situations, so who knows.

If they made Floyd the best possible offer all he could do is say no, but they never made such an offer.

Floyd tends to agree to things when he gets what he wants, so if he got what he wanted the fight could have been made. It was up to Arum to meet said demands, he didn't even try.

Sweetdreams field mouse have fun hanging out with the unicorns, He-Man, some pixies and eskimos~

Comment

Different situations, so who knows.

If they made Floyd the best possible offer all he could do is say no, but they never made such an offer.

Floyd tends to agree to things when he gets what he wants, so if he got what he wanted the fight could have been made. It was up to Arum to meet said demands, he didn't even try.

Sweetdreams field mouse have fun hanging out with the unicorns, He-Man, some pixies and eskimos~
              Geez got off the mayweather nuttsack. It's obvious you're a kiss azz floyd lover. You will never be rational. Sad sad sad..

pac's offer was fair their both equals in PPV and star quality more so Pac for his global presence and prestige.

He even is ranked higher for top athletes of america. Pac is ranked 28 while Floyd is 48 and that is only in Usa Globally he is the most searched boxer on the net. Hasd more accolades etc etc..

50/50 is the fair shake. I call as I see it. Floyd is the greedy one. Pac just wants a fair shake. Just call it as I see it..

The newest one was 55/45 ppv the winner get 55 and still Floyd didn't accept it. Come on man are you blind.. Who fears who here, its clear as day..

Floyd accepting a cheaper pay day just shows he would rather fight cotto than have a possibility of losing to pac. He doesn't care if he gets less pay day as long as pac is away.. Clear as day.. Don't be blinded by hate. It's called fairness..

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                " I agree with your post mostly, but I do believe Floyd wants to kick Pacquiao's ass to cement his legacy. You have to understand Floyd has kids, and having your name dragged through the mud by f@ggots like Mike Wilbum and Skip Baseless on ESPN, creates a trickle down effect. People don't consider these fighters to be human beings, with families just like the rest of the broke mutha****as talkin ****."

The Truck

legacy and demands is not a good combination especially when your conditions are either you meet my demands or no fight.

Comment

We don't know what all took place as it is all a lot of he said/she said.

All we know is they aren't fighting so the demands of both sides were not met, or they would be fighting.

I am not talking fear or anything like that I am talking reality of making a fight happen.

Both sides didn't get it done, blame and put value judgements on whoever you want I really don't care that really has nothing to do with the situation.

I will say cheers to you though as this is the first time I felt halfway decent about a conversation between us, even if I think you are offbase~ feel how you like it is your opinion feel that way to your hearts content.

Comment

Geez got off the mayweather nuttsack. It's obvious you're a kiss azz floyd lover. You will never be rational. Sad sad sad..

I aready responded to this and now I feel dumb for wishing you well~ oh well my mistake.

I could not care less as you aren't being real just idealism and fantasy talk for the most part.

Both sides couldn't get it done hence there is no fight, feel however you want about the fight not happening not like it matters or is valid or even grounded in reality.

Oh this post you responded to was about Cotto and Floyd in the past not about Manny and Floyd, although there are certain things you can draw on between the two events, but your reply doesn't fit because it is in relation to a different situation.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-03-2012, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I aready responded to this and now I feel dumb for wishing you well~ oh well my mistake.

I could care less as you aren't being real just idealism and fantasy talk for the most part.

Both sides couldn't get it done hence there is no fight, feel however you want about the fight not happening not like it matters or is valid or even grounded in reality.

Oh this post you responded to was about Cotto and Floyd in the past not about Manny and Floyd, although there are certain things you can draw on, your reply doesn;t fit because it is in relation to a different situation.
                      Ok cheers! Thank you for admitted an admirable defeat
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 02-03-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X