Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cotto wants to turn it into a chess fight, he's going to get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      Are you serious? Did you know that both Shane Mosley and Joshua Clottey has outlanded Cotto in power punches? They both arguably beat Cotto. LOL @ Cotto having better movement and footwork. What makes you think of that? It's doesn't take much to demonstrate superior movement and footwork when you're fighting fighters such as, Mayorga and Margarito.
      Cotto's footwork is pathetic.

Even comparing his footwork to Mayweather's is beyond hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Cotto's movement and mobility against Margarito was much better than anything shown in that department by Floyd for years, FMJ stands in front of his opponent now (and unsurprisingly gets hit a lot more)

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
        haha comparing a footballer's legs to a boxer's legs. haha WOW, epic comparison bro, literally one of the biggest fails I have ever seen on this site, cong****
        yeah I mean they're a completely different species aren't they, it's not like they're both human and both involved in sports

bottom line is this, whether it's football, rugby, tennis, boxing whatever, around the 30 years mark sportsmen lose their mobility, and FMJ is no exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Cotto's movement and mobility against Margarito was much better than anything shown by Floyd for years
          Why's that? Just because he backed up more than Mayweather has in recent fights?

Mayweather's footwork is far superior to Cotto's. That much is sheer common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Mayweather is the BEST fighter in the sport on the inside. Wouldnt be that smart for Cotto to try that.
            Don't be ridiculous. All he can do is try to tie his opponent up, there are fighters out there who can actually turn inside fighting into offense, Andre Ward is the prime example.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Why's that? Just because he backed up more than Mayweather has in recent fights?

Mayweather's footwork is far superior to Cotto's. That much is sheer common sense.
              And we know why that is, even Freddie Roach said it. Mayweather's legs have gone. Cotto is currently the younger and more mobile of the two fighters.

If Mayweather still could dance around the ring and pitty patty his way to victory he would, but he just doesn't have that ability any more. He has to stand and fight (and his fights have been more entertaining as a result).

I g2g, will continue this chat tomorrow Dan.

Comment

• roy jones jr. ha...I think he'd be a great sparring partner for anybody... especially in preparation for Floyd

Comment

• Nobody will get you ready for Floyd.....sorry.
                  Just do what everybody else does...go get Forbes i guess LOL.

Comment

• I would start by finding a guy that is about the same size as Floyd in both height and reach that can jab and fight outside.

Then I would get Forbes who understands what Floyd is trying to do on the defensive end and on the inside.

Then another guy that has speed to burn as close to the wieght class as possible.

Something like that, they don't need to be known fighters they just need to do things that give him some idea how to go about things on fight night.

Comment

• No one. He'll lose either way.

Comment

Working...
                      X