No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    If the fight is really really close, or if tons think Bradley really won, and if the fight doesn't crack 1 million PPV's, I have a hard time imagining Manny getting a 50-50 split, if May-Cotto indeed sells as much as it looks like it's going to.
    It is a cut throat business, either Manny can continue to quibble over percentage points or look at the money he can make and not worry about what Floyd makes. I feel trying to get all you can but there comes a point when one has to swallow a bit and it could be Floyd if the situation works wrong for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      116-115? How the hell are those numbers even possible? Lmfaooo I suggest you look up the 10pt system ASAP.

And as for the TS, boxing is just not for you bro.
      This is too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        Firstly, I wish Manny to settle his fight with Bradley. If Manny wins without controversy, he should then part his ways with Arum and talk with Floyd. Manny doesn't need Arum.
        **** that..why should he dumped arum to please floyd?....it's either you wanna fight or you dont....plain and simple...

50/50...no other way but that..

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Its the 10 lb + weight difference on Cotto , how you ignore this just shows your boxing ignorance , how can you have that much weight difference with no difference in the fighter , its madness ! One was tired and weak the other as strong as a bull with no sign of slowing , open your eyes to this sport !
          Cotto said himself he was fine at the weight, it was one pound less than his previous fight. Why weigh 146 in a 147 fight if you have issues making weight?

He fought the majority of his career at 140. He didn't even weigh 154 in 2 of his 4 fights at the weight. He had only weighed 147 3 times in 40 odd fights before Pac.

Your reaching dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            If youre gonna correct somebody, at least correct them with the correct weight

It was 145
            Sh-t still stand though. Not only was he at 145 in a catchweight, he also had a rehydration clause put on him as well.... A rehydration clause is the true factor. Coming in at 145 wasnt too bad, but not being able to go back at his normal fight night weight is what killed him...

Think about this... For all the people that think the rehydration/catchweight didnt affect Cotto....

Pac dusted a weakened Cotto teh first time, but if you guys wanna push that, then ask yourself, why did Manny again ask for a catchweight on a fighter he dominated???

The answer is obvious.... He dominated because of the catchweight/rehydration clause

People can argue this and argue that, but at the end of the day people say Manny and Floyd in common opponents.. As Floyd stated after the fight. I fought him at a weight he was comfortable at, and not a "catchweight"

145 cotto was weaker with a rehydration clause just as Delahoya was as well with a rehydration Clause, and manny even outweighed delahoya!!!!!

SIMPLY PUT IT'S CAREFUL MATCHMAKING.

If Floyd had told Cotto he can only fight at a catchweight he would have been crucified, and rightfully so... because more is expected from Floyd than Manny....

We have seen manny not being able to cut the ring off. That Cotto last night would have been too big and strong for manny.... That cotto would have put marquez into retirement......

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              What kind of BS is that? Watch his fights at 154 he fights for the full 12 rounds not the 8 rounds before gassing he did at 147. I don't have to think i see it with my own eyes.
              he fought **** fighters at 54 with the exeption of floyd....and thats your problem you think with your eyes not with your brain...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
                **** that..why should he dumped arum to please floyd?....it's either you wanna fight or you dont....plain and simple...

If it's 50/50 then why did they ran away when that was an option back then? Do you know? Because I would like to know.

Arum was the one who turned down the 50/50 split during negotiations. So yes, Arum is indeed the obstacle. I really can't see why Manny is hanging around Arum and Koncz - especially the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FALLENSOLDIER View Post
                  Sh-t still stand though. Not only was he at 145 in a catchweight, he also had a rehydration clause put on him as well.... A rehydration clause is the true factor. Coming in at 145 wasnt too bad, but not being able to go back at his normal fight night weight is what killed him...

Think about this... For all the people that think the rehydration/catchweight didnt affect Cotto....

Pac dusted a weakened Cotto teh first time, but if you guys wanna push that, then ask yourself, why did Manny again ask for a catchweight on a fighter he dominated???

The answer is obvious.... He dominated because of the catchweight/rehydration clause

People can argue this and argue that, but at the end of the day people say Manny and Floyd in common opponents.. As Floyd stated after the fight. I fought him at a weight he was comfortable at, and not a "catchweight"

145 cotto was weaker with a rehydration clause just as Delahoya was as well with a rehydration Clause, and manny even outweighed delahoya!!!!!

SIMPLY PUT IT'S CAREFUL MATCHMAKING.

If Floyd had told Cotto he can only fight at a catchweight he would have been crucified, and rightfully so... because more is expected from Floyd than Manny....

We have seen manny not being able to cut the ring off. That Cotto last night would have been too big and strong for manny.... That cotto would have put marquez into retirement......
                  stop f0kking lying...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post

You act like your getting paid. Manny should have been left Arum a few years ago anyway.

Comment

• been saying that for the last (almost) 2 years since he fought Mosley. Why is this a surprise? he can't move and punch like he used to for all 12 rds. and his legs are not as fluid now. reaction time is not as quick. Father time is undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X